Chapter 19: The Beast Knights (Part 1)

TH: Well, I didn't know whether to make this a backstory chapter or a storytelling chapter. . .so I decided to start off with how the group of Beast Knights that Chase is a part kind of came to be, so there's gonna be some backstory chapters before Chase gets to explain what happened in Beast World.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Months before Guren and Ceylan ever entered The Shop of Wonders, at some random house. . .

"Come on guys, we're all friends right?! So why can't you tell me where you go every day?!" a boy with orange and black hair yelled at two of his friends.

"Chase, I've told you a dozen times, it's confidential," a boy with messy green hair replied as he ruffled Chase's hair, "Anyways, I'll come to see you afterwards okay."

"I don't understand why it's so secret!" Chase growled as he swatted the boy's hand away, "I mean even Yuno won't say anything, and he blabbers about everything, so it has to be something important!"

"THAT'S NOT TRUE!" a boy with lavender hair screamed.

"Oh really?" Chase and the other boy replied blankly.

"I believe Zac's still pissed with Delsin about the brownie incident because of you Yuno," Chase said.

"Yes, yes he is," Delsin confirmed, "The prank would've been fine if you didn't snitch."

"You guys are so mean, double teaming me like that," Yuno pouted.

"IT'S BECAUSE IT'S TRUE," Chase and Delsin yelled.

"What kind of disaster did I just walk into?" a girl with platinum blond hair with a black streak whispered.

"SELENA, WHAT DO YOU GUYS DO WHEN I'M NOT AROUND?!" Chase yelled.

"Damn it Chase," Delsin muttered.

"What are you talking about Chase?" Selena asked.

"YOU, DELSIN, YUNO, AND ZACHARY KEEP GOING SOMEWHERE, WHERE IS IT, AND WHY DO YOU GUYS GO THERE?!" Chase yelled.

Delsin face palmed as Selena silently started to leave the room.

"SELENA GET BACK HERE," Chase said as he got up to go chase her.

Delsin grabbed Chase by the arm before he got out the room.

"She's not gonna tell you dude," Delsin said, "Stop trying. . ."

"Why am I the only one left out?" Chase muttered.

"Because it's for your own good," Delsin replied.

"What? Are you guys doing something illegal?" Chase asked.

"No, but still, you're not ready for any of it," Delsin sighed.

"Not ready?!" Chase repeated.

A boy with raven hair came into the room.

"Delsin, Yuno, we gotta go," the boy said strictly.

"Yes, sir," Delsin muttered, "See ya Chase."

"See ya. . ." Chase whispered.

The raven haired boy stared at Chase and said, "Don't wreck anything okay?"

"Nah, I was just thinking of leaving as well, " Chase said as he got up.

"Okay, take care of yourself little dude," the boy replied.

"Thanks Zac. . ." Chase muttered.

Chase left the house just in time to see his friends see his friends heading off.

"Like I'm not gonna find out where you guys go," Chase muttered as he begun to tail the group.

Chase followed the group until they got into an old shop. After Chase heard the door close he walked up to the old store.

"The Shop of Wonders?" Chase muttered, "What are they doing in an old shop like this?"

Chase took a few steps into the shop, silently looking around for his friends. Then a loud whoosh came from behind a green door.

"What in holy hell was that?" Chase muttered.

Chase slowly walked toward the set of stairs leading to the door, until a hand clasped his shoulder sending shivers down his spine.

"Wh-who's that?!" Chase yelped.

"Calm down will you?" a man said.

"C-can you let go of me first?!" Chase yelled.

"Fine," the man said letting go of Chase.

Chase took a deep breath and turned to face the elder in front of him.

"Ummmm. . .so. . .did you by any chance. . .see a group of teenagers going through here?" Chase shakily asked.

"No, why do you ask?" the man asked.

"I swear they came into this place," Chase muttered, "Th-thanks anyways."

"Wait, could you by any chance, be Chase?" the man asked before Chase walked out the door.

"What. . .how did you know my name?" Chase asked.

"I believe you do have the right to know what's going on with your friends," the man said.

"Again. . . What?!" Chase exclaimed.

"Let me show you what they're doing," the man said.

"Suuuure. . . " Chase muttered, "This is all perfectly normal. . ."