Chapter 10..

Dravon's POV

I slowly walked towards the council room, allowing the DNA sensors that lined the walls to register my body measurements. As I reached the door I entered my namesake-pass code on the keyboard and waited for the doors to open.

Ahh. It's so nice to be back home. I love finishing a mission. The sense of accomplishment has always put me in a good mood. But then again, I've never failed a mission.

The doors opened and I walked in being sure to look at each council member. There were originally four, but one of them turned out to be a double-agent and blah blah. So now there's only three. This is fine by me, less eyes I have to stare down. I stood in the middle of the room while they sat on something like a judge's seat in a courtroom.

"What is the best escape route when in a sewer whilst in pursuit?" the third one with thick glasses asked me.

"May I get details on who is pursuing me?" They always did this trivia thing to make sure they were talking to the right person. The questions were from topics you learn in class, so it isn't just random crap anyone could answer.

Thick Glasses smiled at me, "He is short, bad eyesight, good runner, he is not closely pursing you, however he is following your footsteps."

"Well that is simple, I would trick him into thinking I climbed out of the sewer then hide in the water until I saw him pass. Then I would retrace my steps and climb out the way I came in. which I'm assuming was through a subway vent-"

"That's enough Mr. Stewart. I swear your answers get more elaborate every time you come here." The middle one with bright green eyes cut me off. No one knew their names so I just refer to them by their description.

"I think it is due to the fact he is getting cockier." Red Hair added.

"No doubt." Green Eyes said. I couldn't help but smile at them. A lot of the other spies were scared of the council, but to me, they were like the family I never knew. "So Dravon, seeing as you have returned I assume your mission went flawlessly?"

"Not quite. I was not aware that the rebel spies had an agent under cover there. She attacked the target and I while I was still earning the target's trust. Nonetheless, I took care of her and completed my mission. I apologize for not going as planned."

"Don't worry about that. As long as we have the girl safe, everything is fine. However I am going to need you to go on another mission immediately. Unless you need some time to relax and rest?" the whole council looked at Green Eyes with "yeah-right" expressions. As much as I loved headquarters, I loved missions even more.

"No rest required. What is my assignment?"

"Well, Treakle had a guardian whilst she was there..."

"Yes Ex-Agent Alice, I know."

"No, no, no. She had a guardian her age, a protector if you will. He was secretly assigned to watch over her seven years ago. His records weren't filed anywhere. We didn't want anyone to know where he was and what he was doing. It was so secretive we forgot he was there when we sent you to retrieve her. We need you to go back and retrieve him now. He doesn't know we have Treakle and will probably do something drastic."

Okay, I'm confused. So there was another spy at the school? And now I have to go rescue him? If he's a spy why can't he just call one of our jets and fly over here?

"Sources tell me he had no idea that you, Alice, or Ms. Garner were spies. You'll have to be gentle with him, he won't come willingly. His name is Jareth Anakin."

"Wait, like Anakin Skywalker?" I burst out laughing. That was the weirdest name I ever heard.

"Dravon." Thick Glasses said in his commanding voice. I immediately stopped laughing.

"Thank you. Now his name is Jareth, however I'm sure you'll locate him easier by his alias name."

I waited...and waited...and waited....was he going to tell me?

"Which is, sir?"

All three council members smiled, "Tyler Kravits."

No way!!!

.........................................................

VOTE & COMMENTS..?