Chapter 35..

Third Person POV; Treakle..

Treakle and Jareth walked in a tension filled silence around the stone hallway. Every few minutes Treakle would glance at the boy - man technically - who was her best friend at spy school. He was the only person in this business she could trust; aside from her parents. Even though she was ecstatic to meet them finally, it was still weird. She didn't know them. At all. None of that matters, she kept telling herself, they are my parents and that's what counts.

But her mind kept rethinking things. For instance, why did she have those dreams where her dad would warn her about trusting the wrong person and double crossing someone else? But the scary thing was the whole "someone will die" part. Before they left headquarters, Dravon was sure it'd be her if she didn't have his help; but that's because he's trying to kill her. Now, Treakle is one hundred percent positive Dravon will die at her hand. And Alcee. God she can't stand that bitch. A gunshot echoed silently through the halls and they both stopped and looked at each other. Jareth had an odd expression. It was mixed with dread and an almost sarcastic smirk. It scared the shit out of her.

"We need to move." He said and grabbed her hand.

Treakle pulled away and shook her head like a child. "I don't like the look you just gave me."

"What look?!"

"That one!" she pointed, her body was shaking with slight fear. "It looks like you're keeping something from me."

"Treakle!" he sighed, "Is now really the time? Rebels are crawling all over this place."

"How would you know?! You've been locked in a cell for three days!"

"I just do!," he grabbed her hand again, "Now lets go!"

Once again she pulled away. "No Jareth."

"I advice you go with him Treakle dearest." A girl's voice came from behind them.

Treakle turned with a whoosh and gasped.

"What are you doing here?!"

The girl sighed, "Why are you surprised? You knew I was a rebel spy."

With gritted teeth she replied, "Yes, but I thought you were dead."

"Did you?" the girl was mocking her now.

"Maybe I was just hoping you were."

"Ha! You would never wish something so horrible for your best friend."

"That's where you're wrong. You lost that title after you shot me."

The girl lifted up her shirt and revealed a jagged circle scar just above her naval.

"I was shot first."

"Irrelevant." Treakle pulled the gun out of the waistband of her jeans and aimed it at Peyton. But at the same time Peyton did the same.

"Aw!" Peyton cooed, "You have a gun!! I remember when we would watch cops and robbers movies in 6th grade and we'd pretend to have guns afterwards? Now you have a real one!"

"Yeah, and I remember I always won those games."

"Well, now that we're both in the real world, let's see who has the fastest fingers."

BANG

A gun fired. Both girls looked at each other with shock before Peyton smirked. Out the corner of her eye Treakle saw Jareth sink to the floor.

"You bitch!" She kneeled next to him.

"Robin," Peyton said "If you knew the truth, you'd be thanking me."