Chapter 15..

Treakle POV..

I listened to his muffled footsteps run away.

Wow.

Dravon Stewart is one weird boy.

"Treakle? Is that you?"

I looked behind me and saw a tall shadow cautiously walking towards me.

Jareth.

We met during my second week here, in the hallways. I was walking to my dorm and I bumped into someone.

____

"Oh, sorry, sorry." I mumbled pushing past him, not bothering to see who it was.

"Maybe if you paid attention to where you were going things like this wouldn't happen!" I looked back as he pointed to his shirt; there was a large coffee stain. Whoops.

"Oh I'm sure it'll come out. If you like I'll buy you a new one the next time I go on a mission," my words were sugar coated; hoping he didn't know my level. My focus was on the cup that this person threw on the floor. Litter bug.

"I doubt they'd let any level two go on a mission Treakle."

I looked up shocked. I'm still pretty new here, not a lot of people know me by my name. Most just refer to me as "the girl whose parents have been AWOL for a year and a half".

He must've noticed the bewildered expression I wore. His hand outreached towards me, "Jareth Anakin."

I grabbed it and shook it, "Treakle Kemp."

"Oh I know, everyone knows who you are."

"Yeah, I'm a celebrity "I said sarcastically.

He laughed "Well I know you a little more than you think."

I tilted my head, "How so?"

"Well your parents are, hopefully still, living legends. They're famous not just for the MIA thing, but for their accomplishments. Nobody knows exactly how many lives they've saved, individually. Together, man, it reaches millions. Your parents are my idols!"

My mind faltered. No one had ever told me that they idolized my parents. I just knew that everyone knew about them. I felt proud and confused at the same time.

"Well, uh, I guess you didn't know all that..." he said rubbing the back of his head.

"No, I didn't. I-"

"We should hang out some time." He blurted out before I could finish.

"Uh, okay." I replied a little stunned "What is there to do here?"

I thought of everything entertainment related. They had a single theater screen which showed movies that haven't even been advertised in Hollywood yet. There was also an arcade, but everyone was so skilled at games they were all boring. Not to mention it was too easy to rewire the game so you always win. Other than those two places there was a pool, but it was impossible to use it for leisure since everyone else used it for getting in shape for missions.

"I'll show you tonight." He leaned against the wall, taking a quick glance at his ruined shirt. "I'm going to need to change..." he mumbled.

"What time?"

"Let's just say sometime after eleven."

"I have classes! That's way too late!"

"Oh please, I know you used to stay up till two in the morning talking to a certain boy on school nights."

"How...how do you know that...?" I knew he was referring to Tyler. My old Tyler.

"Because I am just awesome like that" he smirked walking away.