Chapter 12..

Dravon POV..

"She's doing phenomenal. Her progress surpasses any new student we've ever gotten here. Although I must admit I wasn't sure about how the brainwash would affect her performance, however, now I see it was necessary."

No it wasn't.

"She may even be able to go with you on your rescue mission."

"Permission to speak freely?"

"Sure Dravon," Green Eyes replied leaning back in his chair.

"I think it would be very irresponsible to allow her to go on a mission like that so soon. She is still only a level two; this mission requires the expertise of a level five."

"But you are a level five, what is the problem."

I internally rolled my eyes, "She is only a level two, according to normal procedures she would not even be allowed to hear about such a mission."

"Believe me, we know that Dravon, but this mission does not call for regular protocol. Did you not tell us that she, without any prior training, snuck aboard a highly secured vehicle, managed to stay hidden, and used evasive maneuvers when you perused her?"

My mind went over the events that took place three weeks ago. Yeah she did sneak aboard my jet. Maybe she did hide for the five hour flight. But they could not call her sudden stop when Jareth and I chased her an "evasive maneuver". She just figured out she couldn't outrun us and stopped. Simple as that.

"But Council members, she can't go on this mission. Her emotional attachment will compromise everything. She hasn't even learnt half the knowledge necessary to go on even a simple mission. The target is in dangerous territory. She cannot come with me!" My breath was shortening into angry pants. I couldn't see straight. And I'm positive my impeccable balance was slowly disintegrating.

"Dravon!" Thick Glasses said, he always had the most authoritative voice. "You will not talk to us that way. Just because you are one of our top spies does not mean you can talk to us as a superior. We have gone over the pros and cons of having her on the mission and have come to the conclusion that she must go. Trust us, you will need her; she is more talented than you think.'

"You're not a one man show Stewart," Red Hair added, "Sometimes even you need help." She is known for saying some degrading comment in a friendly manner.

I sighed, how could they know I prefer working by myself?

"You are not to go near Treakle until we give you the clear. She does not remember anything you guys did together, or who you are. Since we only performed the Memory Veil three weeks ago she will be in a fragile state. Seeing you or Jareth may trigger her mind into remembering things." Green Eyes gave me a meaningful look, but it didn't mean much.

Green Eyes wasn't very strict. I learnt from him that words are like empty baskets. For the baskets to have any value, they must be filled with apples. Actions are apples in the scenario. Basically words have to be backed up by actions or they don't mean anything. (I prefer my metaphor though.)

Despite my ignorance to his look, he continued, "Our level fours are still planning your route, attack plan, and our scientists are improving your gadgetry. It may be at least three weeks before we brief her on the mission and during that time you will train in hand to hand, attend target practice, and go to the level fours facility to learn more about your covert operations."

I scowled. This is a mistake.

"Dismissed Agent Stewart." Red Hair said sneering down at me. If I could describe every spy in the world with only one word, it would be sadistic.

Turning on my heels, I stormed out of the Council Room. This is the first time I have ever left there pissed off because of a mission assignment.

But it's just wrong! Treakle can't come with me. It will put me in danger, it will put our targets in danger, and more importantly it will put her in danger. Not that I care much for her, it's just that her skill and natural abilities will come in handy for her future career as a spy. Which too soon will have ended. All because of the idiotic council.

.........................................................

 VOTE & COMMENTS..?