Ch 5- One Hell of a Birthday (Part 2)

The music began with the violins playing softly and then changed so that the other instruments joined in. It was a beautiful music number. (Listen to song in video -------->)

After the music started, Maria's dance partner led her around the dance floor, as a man should when dancing with a young woman. Anton was doing the same with his pretty partner in blue. All eyes in the room were on the four people on the dance floor.

Maria, however, did not have her heart in it and Sebastian could tell immediately.

"Is something the matter? You seem troubled," Sebastian said.

"I am sorry. My mind is just not in a good place at the moment," Maria replied, her visible bright blue eye on the floor.

"Would you like to talk about it?" Sebastian asked.

"I mean you no insult, sir, but I do not wish to speak my problems with a stranger," Maria explained.

"Alright. Should you change your mind, I am all ears," Sebastian said, continually turning her gracefully across the floor.

After a few moments, Maria could no longer hold it in. A single tear fell from her eye.

When Maria felt a strong emotion, her eyes changed color. Now, they were a deep blue, showing her sadness.

Knowing this, Sebastian pulled Maria closer until her face was covered by his chest, looking as if she was simply enjoying the music.

She let out a few quiet sobs that only he could hear. Her tears soaked into his overcoat.

"I am sorry. I am getting you wet," Maria apologized.

"It is perfectly fine. Wearing black tends to cover up unwanted stains," Sebastian smiled. "Are you sure you do not wish to talk about it?"

"He does not love me," Maria whispered, taking only half her face out of his chest so her voice was not muffled.

"Who does not love you?" Sebastian asked.

"Damien. I am in love with someone who loves another, and she knows I love him," Maria explained.

She suddenly felt his grip on her tighten and winced slightly. Had she still had her head up, she would seen his eyes flash a dangerous, darker red. People watching had just assumed their eyes were playing tricks on them or just a glare on his glasses was what they had seen.

(In the Crowd of Onlookers)

Ciel and Elizabeth watched as their son danced happily with his partner in blue. They mainly focused their attention on him because he was so shy around people. It was rare indeed when he actually did these things. He seemed quit content dancing with this pretty woman. They would have to start inviting her to their party's more often if they ever hoped of getting their son out of his shell.

They had seen their daughter enter the dance floor, but they had not seen who their daughter was dancing with. They new their daughter was more open to the world. She was more of a social butterfly, just as her Great Auntie An had been.

Ciel peeked around a head to look at his daughter and saw her face buried into her partners chest. He could tell she was talking but what they were saying was inaudible to him. He finally looked up at Maria's partners face and gasped.

"What is is?" Elizabeth asked, looking up at her husband.

"Look! It is Sebastian!" Finny said excitedly from behind them.

"What were?" Bard asked, looking around.

"I have not seen him in so long!" Mey Rin exclaimed, trying to see around the heads.