Epilog

Some had been able to find a way to move on.

Claude and Sage had performed the ceremony and wed to each other.

Ash and Embria, plus Angela and John, had performed the ceremony to make an angel.

Undertaker and Grell had been granted permission, by William, to make Alice and James reapers by trade.

Anton had married the woman he had danced with at his eighteenth birthday celebration and two children of his own, Vincent and Rachel.

Ciel and Elisabeth had gone on an around the world tour with King Soma and Agni. Soma had become king after an accident at his family's castle that left him with one other brother who declined to accepting the throne.

Mey-Rin and Bard ended up getting married after they finally realized they had feelings for one another. Finny had gotten a job as the queens head gardener. Tanaka had passed away, now buried beside Maria.

The reapers had gone on as usual along with the rest of the Michaelis household. Even after all this time, Alois and Luca had stayed young boys, and they would remain as such until they decided they wanted to grow.

Sebastian, however, found nothing that could calm his aching heart over these long twenty years.

He had contracted with a few people here and there, but he kept himself distant from them and ended things fairly quickly.

Sebastian now stood at Maria's and Tanaka's graves, memories pulling at his heart, when he felt the familiar pull of a potential contract-y. He sighed to himself before making the usual note he left when he went to make a contract appear on the parlor table and left.

He teleported through the shadows, finding himself in a dark alley as the night air made it possible for ones own breath to be seen. The stars and moon shined brightly overhead.

He could smell the soul even before he full reached the scene. He could not help but lick his lips as his mouth watered. Maybe this would prove to be some fun, after all.

This soul was even grander than Ciel and....

He shock the thought from his head quickly.

He watched the scene before him unfold. Before doing so, however, his heart gave a maddening flutter.

'Odd,' he thought to himself. 'That has not happened since... No! Not now. Don't think about her now.'

"No! No, please!" a young girl begged with two other girls as three men stood in the alleyway, each of them holding a gun to the girls as they blocked the exit to the closed off brick walls.

"Oh, soooooo sorry, ladies," a lanky man to the right said with a cackle.

"Bosses orders," the man to the left, near where Sebastian was hiding, sneered. His was a pudgy man with horrible teeth and even worse breath.

"Besides, we already got paid for the job," the beefy man in the middle said.

"Ricky, Bobby, Jeff! Please! You don't have to do this!" another of the girls begged.

The girl in the middle seemed to have nothing to say as her friends clung to her black, leather jacketed arms. She seemed the bravest as she stared down the three men, almost daring them to shot her.

Sebastian knew this was the girl who summoned him. He was glad it had been her. The brave ones were the funnest to break and tastiest to eat.

"Oh, but we do," the man in the middle retorted as his counterparts pulled their triggers, no remorse in their eyes.