Prologue

It's my sixteenth birthday, ever since my tenth I've looked to be a teenager and my growth has slowed down considerably. I'm a hybrid. My father Aro and my mother Sulpicia met while my mother was a human, they had me, and my father changed her out of fear of losing her. Its so incredibly romantic!

I dressed quickly in a dark blue dress. I slipped on a pair of black flats and grabbed my Volturi cloak.

As I walked through the castle to the thrown room many guards wished me a happy birthday. I got to the thrown room and as soon as the doors opened I was greeted by my smiling father.

"buon compleanno mia figlia piccola!" My father said 'happy birthday my little daughter' as I walked up to the throwns.

"Grazie papà!" I thanked him.

"There is something we must discuss, sadly." He stood and took my hands in his.

"What is it papà? Is everything alright?" I asked becoming a bit worried.

"Everything is perfectly well Melody." He hushed and continued "I have some information to share with you."

"What is it?" I asked.

"I'm afraid you won't take this very well." He frowned "I am not your real father and Sulpicia is not your true mother."

What. No. No! That can't be true! What is he even talking about?

"What do you mean carissimo papà?" He was my dearest papà! He can't not be my father!

"The Volturi guards took you from your rightful coven at my request. The Cullens. They are a peaceful clan of animal drinkers. Your mother Isabella and your father Edward had you and your twin sister whilst your mother was human. While your father changed her, the guards stole you away quietly. They never even knew they had twins. They always have thought it was just the one daughter." He explained and my world shattered around me.

"So the story, about you and mom, th-that was all just.."

"Untrue. Sulpicia and I had lived many years as vampires before your grandmother was even born." He concluded.

"But...papà..." Tears threatened to swell up.

"Oh, Melody, I will always call you my preziosa figlia, my precious daughter" he hugged me tightly "But your rightful Coven wishes to meet you." He stepped away and my anger flared violently.

"You mean my parents! My parents wish to meet the daughter you stole from them!" I yelled pointing my finger at him.

"Yes Elizabeth." He has never called me by my first name. Never. "Jane has packed your bags. You leave for the airport now. Goodbye my preziosa figlia. I will inform you when to come home. Until we meet again." He smiled sadly as I ran from the thrown room.

Things blurred together and all I know is that I'm currently sitting in an airplane seat, buckled up with my laptop on the tray in front of me, and flying nonstop to an undisclosed location.