Chapter Nine

I got off the plane and a serious case of jet lag hit me. Several members of the Volturi were there to grab my bags and escort me back to the castle safely.

"Bentornato a casa." Alex welcomed me home and another wave of depression hit me.

"Let's just hurry. I'm exhausted."

"As you wish, I must warn you that your father wants to see you immediately though." He frowned and I sighed.

"We all missed you deeply!" Felix bowed slightly as I approached the car and hoped into the back.

"Your grandmother especially." Jane spoke from the passenger seat in her dark tone "She was very upset when she learned of your leaving to visit your little friends."

"Little friends? I was visiting my biological parents and my sister Jane. You know that." I copied her monotone and spoke impassively towards her.

"I know that. But that's not what Master Aro told her." She smirked at me from the rear view mirror.

"What did he tell her this time?" I sighed.

"That you were taking a 'political trip' to visit a calm clan in the Americas. You were working to establish boundaries and possible alliances. You were sent because of your charm from being a hybrid." She explained quickly "No doubt he wants to talk to you before your grandmother gets ahold of you."

"I understand. I will not lie to my grandmother though. I'm not going to be seeing my father until tomorrow morning."

"His demands were for you to be brought directly to him." Felix stated as he slid into the drivers seat and pulled the car away.

"Well I'm not going to speak with him. I'm tired and exhausted. If he wished to speak to me he shouldn't have made my flight nonstop. I'm half human, I get uncomfortable, and I get tired. He is just going to have to accept that." I ranted and we were silent for the rest of the car ride.

We pulled up to the back of the castle at the gate and I was pulled inside quickly. Felix dragged me into the thrown room.

"Ah-Ha! My la piccola figlia è tornata a casa per me , finalmente!" Aro clapped that his 'little daughter' had returned home to him at last.

"Ciao, but goodbye. I'm going to my chambers." I dismissed him and walked towards the thrown room doors.

"But you've only just arrived Melody! Won't you stay and talk to your Papà?" He pouted as the doors slammed shut behind me.

I ran to my chambers quickly and dressed in comfortable pajamas. As I was pulling my hair up into a twist my door opened and closed loudly.

"Elizabeth Melody Masen! What do you think you're doing?!" Someone yelled in a elegant airy voice that matched mine.

"Nonna!" I smiled and threw my arms around my grandmother. She delicately wrapped her long arms around me and rocked us back and forth slowly.

"I missed you my precious Caro, my darling." Her smooth melodic tones and her sweet smell of champagne assaulted my senses.

"I missed you too." I smiled widely at her taking in her appearance.

Her long, wildly curly but still controlled bronze hair was up in its usual bun. Her black eyes were piercing my soul as always. She's tall, a few inches taller than me, and slender with defined curves that give her an extra aura of grace and eloquence.

"Your father has been driving me mad while you were away." She smirked as she folded back my covers and arranged my pillows comfortably.

"I'm sure he has. I'm sorry. He doesn't know how overbearing he can be sometimes." I smiled sadly as I slid into bed.

"Oh, sweet Elizabeth, he knows exactly what he's doing." She glared at the wall.

"But I'm home now. He'll leave you alone. I'll go back to training and lessons and meetings. Back to normal." I sighed.

"Back to normal." She sighed sitting at the edge of my bed "Sounds wonderful to me." She smiled brightly.

*************************

I'm a prisoner.

I was never able to see it before but after being with the Cullens I can see it clearly.

It's been three months since I had to leave the Cullens. I'm rushed from task to task so I'm kept busy enough to not think about anything in particular. I feel so depressed. All I want is to be able to talk to my Dad but Aro won't allow me too.

Needless to say I've stopped talking to Aro all together.

"Please, my precious daughter, won't you tell me what I can do to see you smile again?" He begged. We were sitting in his study, reading, in my allotted time for him.

I looked up at him for moment with my most impassive look, and returned to my book after a moment.

"Would you like some new books? Maybe it's time to update your computer?" He prompted.

I just stared at him.

He sighed deeply "Melody, please, papà is becoming concerned for your health."

"Aro, your needed in the thrown room. Now." Grandmother came in giving him sharp looks.

"Yes, of course..." He got up and crossed the room quickly "mother." He spat in her face as he left.

"I've just received some interesting information from Marcus..." Nonna drawled out her words in a dark tone "Someone has been lying to me. I demand an explanation."