Chapter 24

It was the morning before the full moon. I hardly slept last night but it was better than I thought I would. I thought I'd lie awake worrying but having stiles next to me let me rest for a few hours.

I quietly got up and pulled on a dressing gown.

"you're up early." I heard stiles say from behind me. I spun around quickly. I thought he was asleep still and he scared the heck out of me.

"sorry. I was just coming back to bed." no I wasn't. I just didn't want him to worry. I walked over to the bed and lay in front of stiles who was on his side. His arms wrapped around me tight. This feeling was heavenly.

"your in a good mood. Anything to do with last night?" I asked with a flirty tone. I know I don't need to flirt but hey, always time for flirting.

"what do you think?"

"I think-"I was cut off by the noise of my front door slamming shut. "I think you better hide."

"why have I got to hide." stiles asked. I don't think he heard it.

"because if I'm right and that's Taylor, he'll rip you to pieces for having sex with his sister."

I quickly jumped up and stood in front of the door to stop Taylor from getting in. Man, I miss locks. Stiles quickly grabbed his boxers(I think, I wasn't paying too much attention. The panic was a bit of a distraction).

"Roxie, you up?" taylor called. I bloody would be now wouldn't I? I heard his footsteps coming up the stairs.

"just a minute." i called back. My hands waved frantically for stiles to go somewhere. The pressure of the situation seemed to really get to him and he held his hands out in front of him cluelessly. I quickly pointed at my closet. The pressure seemed to make me use the oldest trick in the book. At least I'm not telling him to hide under the bed. I've not done that since I was a kid. Obviously I wasn't hiding anything this big. Just one of my friends I didn't want to go home. Don't deny you've never tried it.

I felt him try the door handle.

"Roxie I'm waiting."

"wait some more." I snapped. I don't think my panic was too detectable. I'm still a teenage girl. I'm allowed to snap. I saw stiles get in my closet and I waited a second before opening my door.

"I thought your door didn't have a lock." he said confused as he entered my room.

"It doesn't." I said. Where was I going with this, other than down hill? "I had some stuff in front of it. That's why I asked you to wait. So I could clear it." I lied.

"don't believe you but okay. Have you heard anything from Jackson. He went for a run and no ones seen him all morning."

"not a thing."

"what about stiles?"

"what about stiles?" I asked back. There was no way id gotten caught. Oh wait, I have a guys shirt and jeans on my floor on the other side of my bed. Dang it.

"I woke up this morning, a little hung over, and he'd left. Lydia said he went away last night. You wouldn't know anything about that would you?" he asked eyeing me up. Here's hoping he didn't see the clothes and is being his usual joking self. If not then I'm so screwed. Wait, that already happened.

"of course not."I heard him breathe a laugh. Man has no belief in his sister. I know he laughs at that now but believe me if he thought me and stiles had actually done it, there'd be hell to pay. Taylor always jokes about that stuff, more now than before but when he heard about me and Vince he pitched a fit.