Chapter 23

I could hear the music blaring from outside. I sat on the sofa being a bit of a party pooper. Lydia had went off with Jackson half an hour ago leaving Alison and I to fend for ourselves. My hair was done exactly how I wanted it and my dress... well at least no one could see my ass but it was close. It was just a little bit shorter than id expected that's all. Alison on the other hand looked amazing in her blue dress. Her hair was in her usual style but I have to admit, she really suited it. Stiles and Scott both stood on the other side of the room. I caught Scott staring at Alison once or twice but not once did I see stiles look at me. Me on the other hand... I could hardly stop looking at him. My eyes were practically glued to the guy. If it wasn't for the fact I knew if I didn't turn away he'd see me I would never ever ever stop staring. After my little trip to the guidance councillor stiles had been almost all I could think about.

"hey rox. You look...nice? One question though, where's the rest of it?" I turned to see Kyle standing there, smiling, even though I had been avoiding him before. I think he was joking or he just expected me to wear more clothes than this. He was in a red shirt, that matched my slut dress, and a pair of black jeans. He looked nice... I guess. Stiles still clogged my mind. I couldn't help it. He looked so... so... stiles. Like the guy I fell in love with. I don't know why I felt so into stiles after I broke up with him. I wasn't with stiles I was with Kyle. At least I think I was. I might have been. Maybe.

"this is it. Is that a problem?" I asked as I stood up. Even in my deadly heels he was taller than me but it was close. He kept his eyes fixed on my face -one of the only guys tonight whose attention wasn't that little bit lower- but I looked just behind him to see Scott practically dragging stiles towards me.

"hey." stiles said awkwardly. I could tell he wasn't sure about talking to me. the rumors seem to have put him off. I don't know what else could have. Well there's always my new dress sense.

"happy birthday." Scott said from next to him. He got rid of the awkwardness for the same amount of time as my dress was long and that's really not long. Scott stood waiting for stiles to say it but realized it wasn't going to happen without some encouragement. He elbowed him in the gut. I couldn't help the smile I gave off as stiles winced. Physical humor never fails even if it wasn't meant to be humorous.

"yeah happy birthday." stiles said in a breathy voice.

I reached up and put my arms around the two of them. This way I didn't need to have an awkward hug with just stiles. I mentally debated if I should tell him about earlier but i lost my chance. As I pulled away from the two best friends another pair of arms swooped in. Kyle. Now it was definite. I felt weird again. Me and Kyle were a no no.

I have to tell stiles now. Tonight. But just as I was about to ask for a moment alone with him kyle released me from his embrace and then dragged me up to dance. As we walked away i saw the girl from my drama class approach stiles. It made my chest hurt but I did the best I could to hide it even though I could almost feel my heart being ripped out of my chest.

Stiles' pov

I'd seen this girl around school but I hadn't really spoken to her. Her name was Monica and she was probably the same age as me but that was all I knew. Shed just randomly decided to come talk to me. The one question went through my head. WHY?!?!

"look, I see her look at you, she looks away, you look at her, you look away. The sexual tension in here is unbelievable. it's obvious you both want each other."

Hold up. Roxie was looking at me? Really? I was trying to keep my staring as subtle as I could but I never caught her.

It took everything I had not to say the always immature 'thank you captain obvious' so I went for a slightly more grown up approach.