Chapter 29

When i worked up the courage to open my eyes i was both relieved and worried. Neither shot would have killed anyone. Kyle was hit. The thought of it almost made me smile. He had been a pain in my ass for long enough but we couldn't kill him. We were teenagers for starters. I didn't want that on anyone's conscience. 

I looked at Stiles. He had blood on his shirt. He was shot. The way he was acting you wouldn't believe it. I don't think he shot Kyle. I don't think stiles had ever held a gun before so i assumed Kyle was shot by Taylor but no matter how inexperienced Stiles is i don't think he shot himself, so Stiles would have been shot by Taylor too. Before i said a word Stiles was trying keys to get me out. 

"Does it hurt?" I asked when he was on his third key. 

"Not as much as seeing you tied up." I heard the click as the padlock cracked open. i shook myself out of them and stood up. My ankle was killing me but i wasn't worried about it. I understood what stiles meant about his gun shot because i was experiencing it with the pain from my ankle. I was only worried about him. Lydia and Alison were up and looking okay, just a little shook up after everything. Kyle was on the floor roaring his pain so everyone could hear. Stiles grabbed a hold of me and wrapped his arms around my waist. He was shaking. I wrapped my arms around him, nuzzling my head into his neck. I pulled back first remembering we weren't home free yet. 

"You two better get home."I said limping over to Lydia and Alison. Stiles followed a step behind holding his shoulder. 

"And the others?"

"Ill call you when we know." I said even though i knew they would never wait and id get called alot. Trying to remain positive i smiled. All i could do was hope that Boyd, Derek, Erica, Isaac, Jackson, Peter, Scott and even Vince were still alive. Alison put her arm around Lydias shoulders and whispered that it would all be okay. Everyone would be okay. Alison seemed more confident about the odds. They left without another word to any of us but i saw the hatred in their eyes when they looked at Kyle. 

"Ill call the others." I said going to search for my phone. Barely a second later Stiles' hand was wrapped around my wrist, the hand that wasn't still covered in his blood and holding his wound. 

"No way, You need to put some ice on that ankle."

"Im not the one bleeding."

"My bad. Sorry." Taylor called out. He was wrapping chains around Kyle pretty damn tight. Kyle was grunting and crying and whining- It was great! "Ill take care of the dead man walking- maybe not walking any time soon. You need to go to the hospital."

I raised my hand "I don't feel comfortable with that. My last doctor turned out to be one of several Psychotic alphas." Stiles nodded. If werewolves could hide so easily then who the hell knows who we can trust? One was a doctor. Aren't they supposed to be really trust worthy? Patient confidentiality, I wouldn't trust him to keep my grocery list a secret. 

"I don't care if you get a grandmother with a sewing kit and a pack of frozen peas, just deal with it." He threw Kyle over his shoulder with a small grunt and started making his way up the stairs. 

The door swung shut behind Taylor with a quiet bang leaving us in the dimly lit basement. Stiles gave me a weak smile, trying to be comforting. He rested his hands on my hips. "So is our covert relationship going public or..." He asked, rubbing small  circles on my sides.

"I think you need to get your priorities straight, Stilinski." I whispered looking at his shoulder he had let go of. "I told you Taylor would shoot you." 

"Come on,"Stiles whispered taking my hand instead. I limped trying to keep up even though his place was already slow. "I know where we can go." 

----------------------------------------------------------

That's how i ended up in an animal clinic. The original reason was to get some ice or a bandage and get stiles sewed up but something else happened. You see once we got outside my ankle stopped hurting completely, you wouldn't believe there was anything wrong with me in the first place. When my pace had picked up to match stiles he stopped and when he turned around he saw that i wasn't exactly me. I... My eyes are amber now. Stiles freaked out and fell on his ass shouting about how they thought they saved me in time. I yelled at him a lot about how i didn't know what he was talking about. When he managed to calm down enough to not burst my ear drums he took out his phone, put it on front camera and gave me it. My eyes lit up like a Christmas tree. After he informed me that it was a werewolf trait along with the sudden lack of pain in my ankle. Stiles pulled out his phone and called him so he came to pick us up, inspect my eyes and drive us to the clinic. I insisted Stiles go first as i wasn't in immediate danger. I sat by his side holding his hand. He didn't need me to be there but i wanted to, even if i was only as a friend, despite being more than that. Deaton finished bandaging his shoulder after putting the stitches in. 

"I just need to run a few tests on Roxie and ill get back to you." Deaton told us but he looked at stiles. 

"Please call the others for me." I asked Stiles. I still didn't have a phone and i didn't want to be in the dark about my friends or what the hell was going on with my body. I mean, no one mentioned this in health class. Dr Deaton took blood and some DNA or whatever which didn't take long. Stiles just wrapped up his phone call when i walked out but his face looked grim. 

"Who?" I choked out past the lump in my throat. Someone didn't make it, or someone was hurt, i could tell.