Lance to the Heart

(A/N: Title inspired by one of my favorite characters, Dr. Lance Sweets, and the most hated episode of season 10 of Bones. ALSO, because of the new green light from chapter 450: ZERVIS IS CANON! So, I will also add some Zervis feels.)

July 14th

~3rd Person~
"Mavis lady?" Rosemary asks.

The small blonde woman looks over at the purple haired girl. The two were locked in a cell, trapped inside by magic. Rosemary was intrigued by the small blonde with the green eyes.

"Yes?" Mavis answers, turning to the little girl.

"I don't understand. Why did they grab you?" she asks.

"Well... It's a long story." Mavis says and Rosy smiles.

"I love stories! Can you tell me one?" she asks and Mavis laughs.

"Okay... I can tell you my favorite one. So, this is the story of a cursed boy and a cursed girl..."

It began in a world, much different than Earth. This place was called Earthland, a world filled with magic. Wizards and mages alike lived in this world, spreading cheer and joy.

But, this story started with a young boy. He lived in a village with his mother, father, and younger brother. He was very happy. Unfortunately, when the boy turned seven years old, his brother died of an incurable disease and the boy's parents had disappeared.

All alone, the boy decided to find a way to bring his brother back. He went to school and was a child prodigy. Adults couldn't believe how much of a genius he was. At the same time, they were afraid. The boy was smart but, he was messing with the balance of life and death. Out of fear for their lives, his teacher told him that he could not study anymore and that his brother was never coming back.

Filled with rage and despair, the gods cursed the boy with an ancient spell, that he could never escape from.

The more you love life, the more you take from it. A curse of contradiction.

The now cursed boy was now immortal. He could not die, no matter how much he wanted to. He wandered around the world, unwillingly taking lives, trying to find a way to die.

Along the way, he created a book of demons, thinking they could kill him. Yet, it was to no avail. They could not. His final demon though... Was the most powerful of all.

He made him from the body of his own brother. He named him, E.N.D., the strongest of all his demons.

Hundreds of years later, the cursed boy was wandering the world again. That was when he met a girl by chance.

She didn't seem like much. She was small, no older than sixteen at least. At the time, she was traveling with her friend and a band of treasure hunters. She knew that he was cursed yet, she was intrigued by him.

The two became the unlikeliest of friends. He taught her and her friends magic. Just as he was to leave, she used her magic to create an illusion of life around the cursed boy, since he could never touch the real thing. She gave him the gift of touch but also, the gift of kindness.

Ten years had passed. The treasure hunters and the girl made a guild, a place for wizards to be like family and go on jobs together. The guild was called Fairy Tail and she was their master. After the victory of a war, she met him again, the cursed boy.

He was quite surprised to see that she hadn't changed since they had last seen each other. She told him that she hadn't grown since she used a spell to save her friends.