1

Riley's P.O.V
I look down at the crumpled piece of paper that my mom gave to me just a few weeks ago...
"Riley," my mother said in her raspy voice. She grabs my face and pulls it to look at her. I feel tears welling up behind my closed eyelids. I open them and see mom holding a necklace, a letter, and a piece of paper with scribbles of writing on it. She holds it out to me. I reluctantly take it. She sees the tear in the corner of my eye, wipes it away and leans in to hug me. I hug her as tight as I possible can, knowing fully well that it might be the last hug we will ever share in this world. She whispers something in my ear
"Riley," she says, "the piece of paper has your real fathers' address. Give the letter to him when you find him."
She takes the beautiful gold necklace that she gave me and put it around my neck.
"This," she nods to the necklace, "will keep you safe. But your father will also be keeping you safe."
Her words make me cry harder. She wipes them away and tells me she loves me...
Still, only four weeks later, still thinking about my mother dying of cancer, still brings me to tears.
I rub my eyes and sigh. This is it. My life as Riley Lucas is over and now, it's the start of my new one. As Riley Stark, daughter of the Ironman and head of Stark industries.

The lobby has high ceilings with crystal chandeliers hanging down lighting up the huge room with the wall of windows towards the back of the room.
"Excuse me, miss," a security guard asks me as I walk in "We do not allow dogs in the building.
His words make me tighten my grip on Mia's lease once again.
"I'm sorry, but both my dog and I have come a long way," I say and dropsy duffel bag on the floor to what I assume is to disgust or fear that I brought a bomb in here. I guess they get that often.
"Sorry," the guard says and grabs my arm & pulls me towards the exit door, "I have to ask you to leave."
I try to desperately tug my arm out of his grasp. "Please, I need to see Mr. Stark."
"Yes, you and every other girl in America." she grunts.
For some odd reason, the security guard let go and held his hand like he was just burnt and i could hear him hissing the word 'Fuck'. Mia starts to growl.
After a few minutes of hissing, the man regains his composure and grabs his hand and I hear him muttering the word 'fuck'. Mia starts growling beside me.
After a few minutes of the guard hissing, he regains his composure and, angrily, grabs my arm again.
"I don't know what the fuck you just did there, but, get the hell out of this building!"
"Pavlov!" A man behind us roars. "Let the girl go."
He lets go, mutters something of an apology and walks away.
I turn to see who came to help. And who would you think I would find standing right me, you might ask? Steve Rodgers, Captain America, the man out of time.
He smile at me and beckons me to the elevator. I pick up my duffel bag and Mia follows. We step in and he hits the penthouse button.
"I'm Steve, Steve Rodgers, and if you don't mind my asking', what do you want with Stark?" He says, smoothing out his slacks.
"I-I, my mother told me who my real father since I was little and I-I don't think I even believe that Tony Stark, the genius, billionaire and playboy, is my father," I ramble on. Steve just stands there listening and nodding as I talk.
"Look, kid-"
"My name is Riley." I interrupt.
"Ok, Riley, I don't know if I believe that or not, but I will give you the chance to find out the truth, whether or not Stark is your father." I look up to see him smile and press his hand on the keypad. "Ready to have your mind blown?" I nod and the elevator doors open.

"Wow." Was all I could get out of my mouth.
The penthouse house was HUGE. I look around, taking in the sight. I turn around to see Steve grinning at my amazement of the apartment.
I couldn't believe it. All my life I dreamed of finding my real father and I finally did- or close to it. All I can hope for is that if he is my father, is that he will want me.
"Can I help you, Mr. Rodgers?" a computer voice with a British accent, asks, echoing through the suit.
What the hell?? I think to myself. I sit myself on, what I guess is a very expensive couch and look around in awe of what I just heard.
Out of the corner of my eye and see Steve smile at me. I look down at my feet.
"No Jarvis, I'm good." Steve says. He looks at me and grins "How would you like to test your theory about Stark being your father?"
I look up from my feet and feel myself start to smile. He holds out his arm and I let go of Mia's lease, knowing that she would stay in the same spot till I return. I jump upon the couch and grab his arm and he leads my down one of many corridors.