Ch. 60

Kuroko-kun had stopped going to school. You started to hang out with Aomine only when Momoi wasn't around. When you didn't hang out with Aomine, you were left alone just like it was before you met Kuroko-kun.

Lately in your mind, you could only think about the times with everyone and wished for it back. Everyday you went to Kuroko-kun's house, considering that you had extra time now that you no longer went to practice. He never came out nor did his family. Your time as a junior high kid slowly ended as graduation starts to come. But even so, Kuroko-kun still didn't came to school.

One day, before you graduated, you went to the gym seeing that it was empty.

"(Y/N)?" you turn around, recognizing the voice had belonged to Akashi.

"S-Sei-tan." you say quietly, stepping back. You slightly trip but before you could fall, Akashi grabs your wrist and pulls you to his chest. You slightly blush but pull back. "S-Sorry." you turn to the gym, not wanting to make eye contact with Akashi. "I loved this place the most. I wish we could of smile happily in the end. Sorry Sei-tan. I'm not going to go to Rakuzan. I knew you wanted me to go with you in our old conversations but I decided I'm going to a different school."

"(Y/N)."

"Sorry, I have to go." you walk right pass him.

"(Y/N)." he calls again. You stopped but don't turn around to look at him. "IF you're not going to attend at Rakuzan, it can't be helped but..." his voice escapes him, "I'll deeply miss you. I will treasure the time we spent in the clubroom together."

You turn around with tears in your eyes. "I'll treasure it too. I'll miss it." Akashi looks at you surprised and walks up to you. He pats your head, not saying anything. You could only watch him smile. Even though you knew he was a different Akashi, you accepted his pat on the head. You smiled, wanting to accept this side of Akashi as well.

❖❖❖

Later, you looked at Kuroko's house and sat down in front of the entrance.

"Hey Kuro-tan. I know you can't hear me but I want to see you. I'm worried for you. I talked to your friend, Oigawa-kun."

❖❖❖

"I'm sorry." you shook your head, still a bit in tears from the tournament. "For not fulfilling the promise."

"I'm sorry for my team."

"Has basketball been fun for Kuroko?" you shake your head.

"I wish everything was back to the way things were. But even if it did, my friends would still be hurt. I don't know. I don't want to hate on basketball. I don't think Kuroko-kun does either."

"I'm sorry I can't help you with your situation. Tell Kuroko to cheer me up though. And (L/N).All you need to do is support Kuroko."

"Thanks Ogiwara-san."

"No, thank you for taking care of my friend."

❖❖❖

"He left after that." you explained. "Kuro-tan's kind to me. But I misunderstood. I thought to myself, did I like you because you were so kind?" you shook your head, "Uh-uh.. But I always did cause you trouble. Tomorrow is graduation. Please come. I'm looking forward to see you tomorrow."

You stood up, looking at the house once more and when you did, Kuroko-kun slightly opens the door, already wearing his uniform.

❖❖❖