New Kids

Sara's POV

5:34am Monday morning.

I woke up to the sound of All Time Low playing as my alarm. It was unfamiliar considering summer break just finished and I was back to school again at Windsor Prep, my boarding school. Unfortunately my roommate hates me. Her name is Jennifer and ever since freshman year she has hated me. I'm not exactly sure why though, I mean who knew that accidentally spraying her with water on the first day would be a bad first impression. Although she doesn't like me, we keep our distance and don't talk often so it works for both of us.

I turned over and hit the alarm so it would stop reminding me that a new school year was starting. I checked my phone on,y to see that I had 50 text messages from my best friends, Soni, Jessica, Carter, and Valory. We have been best friends since 6th grade when we met in science class. I will never forget the look on their faces when new kid Sara walks in first period, and drops all her books on the floor. I think we only became friends because they felt bad when that happened. It doesn't matter though, we are friends now and it's all good.

I quickly glanced through the texts to see if I need to read anything important. As usual they were just talking about the incoming freshmen and how some rules were going to change soon. As soon as I finished glancing through the texts I look across the room to see that Jennifer was no where to be seen. For me that was good news because I got the bathroom to myself.

I got up, took a shower, got dressed, brushed my teeth and did my hair. Only to see that I had 30 minutes till breakfast started at 7. I grabbed my phone and texted Soni to see if she was up. To my surprise she quickly sent a response:

'Meet Me, V, Jess, and Carter in the main hall now! -S"

Assuming that this was important I immediately put on shoes and ran to the main hall only to find Soni, V, Jess, and Carter talking to four Australian boys.

"Oh good your here!" V exclaimed as I walked up to the group.

"Oh yeah Soni texted me and said to meet you all here. What's going on? Who's this?" I asked pointing the the boys.

"This is Calum, Ashton, Luke, and Michael. They are transfers from Australia." V said. "Headmaster Collins asked us to show them around."

"I'm sorry I did catch your name?" Giggled the shorter boy with shaggy hair.

"I'm Sara Fields. I'm a Junior here. And you are?"

"I'm Ashton Irwin. It's a pleasure to meet you." Ashton replied.

"Will Calum Hood, Ashton Irwin, Luke Hemmings, and Michael Clifford please report to Headmaster Collins' office immediately. Thank you." I could tell by the voice that it was my mom, the assistant headmaster, that said the announcement.

"Well unfortunately  we must be going." Ashton said while picking up his things. "However I hope to see you around some more"

As they left Ashton had some trouble with him bags so I decided to be the good person that I am and help him with him bags. I do have to admit, Ashton was the best looking out of all of them. Although they were all pretty cute, it was something about Ashton that made me know that I wanted to get to know him more.

As we got to the top of the stairs, where the rest of the boys had already out down their things, I put down Ashton's bag and as I turned to walk away he grabbed my arm and said "Thank you so much for the help. You should show me around sometime. I would really like that." He said with a wink.

"Of course. I would like that too" I replied as my face went red.

As I walked back down the stairs I could tell that my friends had just saw what happened.

"Ohhhh I think he likes you!!!" Soni started off saying.

"You really think so!" I replied.

"Did you see the way that he looked at you? He so does." Carter chimed in.

"Well I guess he's okay." I lied. "But he's a senior and I'm a junior. And I have Ben, so it doesn't matter whether he likes me or not. He's new and he asked me to show him around. It doesn't mean anything!"

"Not yet it doesn't" Jess mumbled under her breath.

"Speaking of Ben, have you guys seen Ben, Tobias, Andrew or Jason?" Carter asked

"Um no! Let me text Jason" I said

*Jason, where are you guys we are waiting for you for breakfast. Meet us I'm the main hall. -Sara*

It wasn't long before I got a reply from Jason stating that they would be down in 5 minutes. We stood in the main hall for a brief 5 minutes discussing how excited we were to have new schedules and new people in our classes. Unfortunately we were not getting our schedules until after breakfast when we went back to our housing, however it's our groups tradition that we look at our schedules at the same time.

"You know I heard that we could be getting new housing this year." Jason said while walking up to us. Following behind was Ben. Tobias, and Andrew as usual.

Ben is my boyfriend who I have been dating since the beginning of summer. Tobias is Carter's boyfriend and Bens best friend. And then we have Jason, my twin brother who is best friends with my boyfriend and Tobias. Now don't get me wrong I love my brother but we fight a lot, and it doesn't help that our mom is the assistant headmaster.

Over the summer my friends and I became really good friends with them. Besides the headmaster my mom and the security, we were the only people who stayed during summer break. It doesn't sound very fun, however considering the fact that my friends don't like seeing their families for 3 months it's quite fun.

"You know they say we could be getting new housing every year right Jason?" I snapped back.

"All I'm saying is it's a possibility that this year it's mostly likely happening. Now I don't have all the details but the rumor is that we could choose I roommates"

At the sound of that me and Soni immediately shot to look at each other. "So your saying I could get rid of Jennifer for once and for all!!?" I said becoming more excited.

As I said that a group of girls walked right through our group. I didn't recognize these girls for once. Which was surprising considering I've been here long enlighten to know everyone but the freshmen, which would quickly change.

"Don't get your hopes up sweetie, life's full of disappointment" she said with a smirk while turning with her group of wannabes and walking into breakfast.