Chapter 12- What have I gotten myself into!?

Chapter 12- 

Jess’s Point of view-

“Jessie, wake up..” I awoke to my mate gently nudging my shoulder in order to wake me up from my deep slumber.

“Go away.” I say grumpily flipping my pillow over my head.

“Okay, but if we don’t leave to pick up Liv now we won’t be home until after the sunrises, which means we won’t be able to get her until tomorrow.”

“Fine!” I say, literally rolling out of the bed, and on to the floor, which was farther from the ground than I thought.

I landed on the ground with a grunt.

“Oomf! Nick!” I yell at my mate.

“What!? I didn’t shove you out of the bed, you did that to yourself!” He says holding his hands in the air to show he’s innocent.

“You could have used your telekinesis or something! It’s not like you haven’t done it before!” I say getting up off of the floor, trying my hardest to hold back the fit of laughter that was threatening to get the best of me.

You see, I’m not really angry at Nick, I just want to see him squirm for a little while before I pretend to forgive him…. I can be so cruel sometimes!

“I’m sorry.” He say, which make me feel super guilty about being mean, “Maybe this will make up for it.” He says using his powers to lift me off of the ground and move me to the bathroom. “Take your shower and get ready so we can leave.”

“Um… were only leaving to get Liv. The girls seen me naked before, I don’t think she’ll mind if I go looking like a bum.” I say walking away from the bathroom.

“Well, I wouldn’t think you’d mind getting Liv dressed like that, but I do mind Jackson seeing you in those shorts.” Nick says letting out a small growl.

  “Oh…. I’m going to take a shower then.” I say with a slight giggle before running into the bathroom to get ready.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><> 

A few hours later we were almost to Liv’s house. I didn’t know, until we got in the car and I looked at the clock, that I had only gotten three hours of sleep give or take a half of an hour. Nick was driving down the road at almost sixty miles an hour on a road where the limit is thirty- five, but it was still early on a weekend, so I doubted that anyone would be out and about.

“If I didn’t love you so much, I would hate you for making me come out and get that annoying….”

“Don’t even!” I say cutting his sentence short. “She’s my best friend! Just because she annoys you, doesn’t give you an excuse to call her names!”

“Sorry, she’s just so irritating!” He says letting out a huff.

I giggle like an Idiot at my response before I even say it, “Well, I know that, but if I’ve dealt with her for my whole life, you can handle a month or so with her, at least she’ll have her mate with her to keep her from walking around in only her undergarments. You don’t know awkward until you’ve lived through that.” I realized it wasn’t as funny as I thought it would be. I’m such a loser…