Chapter 13- misunderstanding

Jess's Point of view-

"Good morning!" says a smiling Live as I walk into the kitchen. She was at the stove, and was flipping a perfectly round pancake.

"Hey." I say with a small yawn. "Why are you up so early?" I ask her.

"Well, the guys went out to buy some groceries, since your father only planned for two people to be staying here, and not four. I was so bored without having Jackson around, that I decided that I was just going to make some breakfast. You want some?" She asks me placing a plate piled high with pancakes.

"Um, sure." I say sitting down at the counter where Live had placed a plate of pancakes for me. "Thanks girly!' I say with a giggle before taking an unnaturally large bite of the pancakes.

I was starving!

"When did you learn how to cook?" I ask her after tasting the most delicious batch of pancakes that I had ever consumed in my entire life!

I've known Live for my entire life, and the one thing that she's never been good at was cooking.

"Oh, Jackson's been teaching me, he's an amazing cook!" She says with a Dreamy, distant look in her eyes.

"Oh, cool!" I say finishing off my last bite of pancakes.

I picked up my plate and made my way over to the sink, and I had a bit of a spazz attack when I felt someone grab me by my waist.

"Ah! What the hell!" I yell dropping the empty ceramic plate on the floor with a crash, sending shards if it across the kitchen floor.

"Sorry, babe. I wouldn't have done that if I knew you'd freak." Nick says laughing.

" I am so Sorry! I didn't hear you guys come back in." i say apologetically.

I look down at the ground to assess the damage of the floor, and notice a red liquid oozing from Nicks leg.

"Crap! Nick, did I do that? I am so sorry!" I say gesturing to the huge bleeding cut on his leg.

"Don't worry. I'll fix it for him." Live says getting out of the seat she had been sitting in. I noticed that she was wearing a pair of monkey slippers, but I decided to just let that one go for now. "Why don't you and Jackson clean the ceramic up from the floor?"

"Um, Okay." I say.

Nick then let go of my waist, and walked away, following Live out of the kitchen. Thank God that he was wearing shoes!

Unfortunately for me, I wasn't wearing anything on my feet at all, so I was trapped in the middle of the kitchen floor, surrounded by sharp pieces of ceramic plate.

"Need help?" asks Jackson, looking at me and realizing that I can't move.

"Yeah... Just a little bit." I laugh.

Jackson walks over to me with a smirk on his face. He, like Nick, was wearing shoes, so he walked over the ceramic with ease.

Once he got to me, he swept me off of my feet in one swift motion and carried me bridal style as he walked away from the hazardous ceramic on the floor.

We were both laughing hysterically when Nick and Live walked back into the room. I was confused as to why the both looked furious, until I realized that Jackson was still holding me tightly in his arms, and his hands may have been a bit too close to my butt for comfort, but they weren't there intentionally.

"Get the hell away from her!" Nick growls at him from across the room.

"Dude, calm down. We were just joking around." Jackson says.

"The way you were holding her did not look like just joking around!" Nick was starting to yell, and if Jackson doesn't back down soon, the alpha in Nick is going to go Ape-shit on his ass.

"No, Nick! It wasn't like that!" I say fearing for by best friends, mates life. "It wasn't his fault either, he was helping me!"

"Don't you dare speak for him!" Live chimes in. "He can explain himself just fine without your help!"

"What the hell has gotten into you two?!" Jackson pipes up. "It was nothing! Why is that so hard to believe?!" He says desperately trying to convince them of our innocents.

"Do we need to take this outside!?" Nick growls to Jackson menacingly.

Jackson didn't respond; he just walked straight out the back door.

"No!" Live yells as her mate walked out the door. I could hear the pain in her voice.

It was too late for her to plead, shit was about to go down. Nick has alpha blood in him, and he saw another man 'inappropriately' touch his mate. Jackson is screwed.

"I'm sorry Live!" I say pretty much sprinting out the door; attempting to catch up to my enraged mate. I stopped for a millisecond, due to the growling of my wolf, but I quickly recovered and continued running.

I made it to the spot in the woods that they were just in time to witness the end of their argument.

"we weren't doing anything! That's the thing. We were joking around, since she wasn't wearing shoes I was helping her! That's it!"

"I don't believe you! Why are you even here?! You aren't in any danger!"

That's when I heard the laughter. It was unfamiliar and I soon began to be able to smell the mysterious laughing person.

Vampire.

'find it and kill it.' My wolf said to me. Ok, sometimes she can be a bit harsh, but we are talking about vampires here.

I looked around and noticed that everyone else was looking around, sniffing the air. Good. They can smell it too.

"Ah, my dear Nicolas, that is where you are wrong." Says the mysterious male vampire, emerging from the portion of the woods that were closest to me. He had black hair and mesmerizingly green eyes. He was as muscular as Nick, and almost as tall.

Before anyone could react to the Vampire's appearance, he ran to me at such a fast speed I didn't even see him until he was pulling me to him.

"Jess!" I hear Nicks voice all out as I'm pulled through the woods by a vampire.

We didn't make it far into the woods, before the vampire and I are knocked to the ground with so much force that I am knocked unconscious.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

I have no idea why it took me so long to post this chapter!

I have just been so busy recently I guess I just keep getting sidetracked when I try to write.

Well, did you like this chapter?!?!

Please VOTE or COMMENT your opinion, or BOTH! =P

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

I dont know why I put those smily faces, but I did, so deal with it!

I'm probaably annoying anyone who is still reading this, so...

TTYL.

Type to you later!

~Singergirl55

=P