Chapter 3 - Mark & Glen

Danny's P.O.V

Pulling on Iris's new pink T-Shirt and jeans, I suddenly heard a knock at the door. "Okay, stay here," I said to Iris and I sat her on the bed, making my way down stairs to the front door.
"Hey," I smiled opening the door to Mark and Glen
"Hey man, what's the script?" Mark grinned walking past me and into the lounge.
"Nothing much, tea?" I replied praying that Iris stayed put and didn't make a sound.
"Ah yeah," Glen answered stretching out on the sofa.
As the kettle was boiling and the tea bags lay at the bottom the mugs I thought I better check that we had enough baby food left, just as Mark wandered into the kitchen.
"Hey Dan... What's that?" Mark asked scratching his beard and pointing towards the tins of baby food and the bottle I'd brought for Iris.
"Oh.. Um it's my favourite food you see..." I sighed heavily rubbing the back of my neck.
"Right... and the bottle?" Mark said confused
"A fan... Yes... Yeah a fan gave it to me," I gulped realising my explanation was really bad.
"Okay..." Mark laughed awkwardly, "How's the tea coming?"
Just then a scream sounded from upstairs, Mark stopped in his tracks and Glen ran into the kitchen giving me a sideways glance. My heart raced they were going to find out. My secret would be exposed. And I already could tell that they would think I was out of my mind! This was to risky and I knew it! I should of just taken Iris straight to the police.
"What the hell is that?" Glen shouted over the wails
"Um..." Before I could even think of what I was going to say, my feet gained a mind of they're own as I sprinted upstairs Glen and Mark hot on my heels. Bursting through the spare bedroom door, I scooped Iris of the floor where she'd obviously fallen off the bed. "Hey baby, it's okay, calm down, your alright." I cradled her in my arm and kissed her forehead, "Aw you've scraped your elbow, look at you, brave girl." I smiled rubbing her elbow and held a tissue from my pocket on her arm.
"Dan!" Mark shouted, I'd completely forgotten they were there, "What the... What... What's going on?"
"Okay, okay here me out." I explained the story of how I found Iris as Mark and Glen listened intently and took a seat on the bed .
"Oh my days..." Glen gulped, "Why didn't you just go to the police?"
"They'd take her away from me! No way would they let me keep her!" I exclaimed.
"Dan this is insane! What if this gets into the newspapers? That could ruin your career! Our careers!" Mark shouted
"Don't you think I know that!" I shouted back
"Guys calm down, she's about to cry again with all the yelling!" Glen said cradling Iris like I had been doing. "Look I guess this isn't so crazy she is really cute... What's her name Danny?"
"Iris, she had a tag on her when I found her," I smiled at Iris now asleep in Glen's arms, "Mark please, I'm gonna need your help with this, please."
Mark sighed, "Fine, I guess I could get on board. But she's your baby now O'Donoghue good luck."