Chapter 5 - The World Knows

Mark's P.O.V

My eyes shot open to the sound of someone literally knocking down my door. Reluctantly I rolled out of bed, rubbed the sleep out of my eyes and scratched my beard as I flopped down the stairs.
"What?!" I groaned as I flung open the door to Glen.
"Have you seen it? Have you?" Glen nagged, pushing past me and dumping his laptop on my kitchen table. "Have you seen it?" He's eyes darted madly as he pointed rapidly at the screen.
"It's 7am." I sighed deeply, "Seen what?"
"Look!" Glen bashed the screen again, pointing at a picture of Danny and Iris in the park.
"What is this?" My heart sped up at I read the tittle of the article, 'Daddy O'Donoghue?!'
"Someone found out about Danny and Iris." Glen gulped, sitting down slowly on the kitchen chair, head in hands.
"What does this mean?" I rubbed my forehead and flicked the switch of the kettle. "Tea?"
"I don't know," Glen sighed, "And yeah tea, thanks."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Glen's P.O.V

As we climbed out of Mark's car, we were faced by a huge crowd of paparazzi, flashing cameras and microphones being shoved in our faces. I could only just make out various questions being shouted above the clicking and flashing of the cameras.
"Who's the mother?"
"Did you know about the mystery baby?"
"Is Danny the father?"
Mark swore loudly as he shoved through the crowd, blinded by the flashing and bashed loudly on Dan's door.
"Dan! Let us in!" I shouted
"Glen? Mark? Is that you?" We heard Danny call from inside
"Yeah!" Mark shouts back, suddenly the door is flung open and a hand shoots out and grabs Mark and me. On the other side of the door Danny stares at us, eyes red and bloodshot, hands shaking madly.
"You alright there Dan?" Mark coughs, leading Danny over to the sofa and sitting him down.
"Did you see it, have you seen it?" Danny says quickly, his eyes blood shot and full of fear.
"The photo?" Dan nods madly, "Yeah, we did. I'm so sorry." I pat Danny's arm sympathetically.
"What am I going to do?" Dan cried, panic crossing his face.
"I don't know Dan, I really don't know." Mark sighed
"Hey, how about a cuppa?" I grinned trying to make the best of a bad situation.
"1 sugar, thanks." Dan nodded. "I can't give her up, guys, I can't."
"I'm sorry Danny, I'm so, so sorry."