Chapter 12 - Her.

Danny's P.O.V

"Good morning gentlemen," I grinned opening the front door before Mark and Glen even have a chance to start knocking it down.
"Dan your up!" Glen said making no attempt to hide the surprise in his voice.
"Take it the date went well last night then?" Mark winked letting himself in and putting the kettle on.
"Oh yeah," I laughed
"Gowan then, tell us about it." Glen smiled sitting at the table.
Letting out a long sigh and jumping up onto the kitchen counter I retold the tale of last night with Emma, "It was just.... There no words!"
"Wow..." Mark nodded, putting a tea bag into each mug and stirring in the milk. "Second date then?"
"Tomorow night," I grinned swinging my feet.
"Danny and Emma sitting in a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G!" Glen and Mark chorused dancing around the kitchen and swinging there cups spilling tea everywhere.
"I don't even care." I laughed ignoring Glen and Mark's stupidity and jumped off the counter wondering into the lounge.
As I sat down on the sofa, tea in hand, Mark and Glen skipped in after me.
"Danny's in loveeee." Glen joked, Mark whistling after him.
"Hhmm." I winked, "I actually can't wait to see her again, not gonna lie."
"Well, why don't you go down to Starbucks to see Emma," Mark suggested.
"Hm... Isn't that a bit... yano... desperate," I frowned.
"Not if you play it cool, like pretend you  forgot she worked there." Glen shrugged.
"I don't know..." I paused.
"Oh Glen, we've gotta go other wise we'll be late for the movie." Mark said checking his watch.
"Course," Glen said placing his mug on the coffee table and standing up, "Bye Dan!" And with that they left.
----------------------------------------------
Half an hour later

I can't believe I've even considering this. She'll think I'm like a stalker. Am I actually walking down to Starbucks right now. This is desperate. Really. God I'm opening the door. What do I do now. She's spotted me. Ok. Ok. So I can't just turn around now. Maybe I'll pretend I don't see her. No. She'll think I'm ignoring her. She's coming over. Ok. Words. Which words. What do I say. Breath.
"Oh... Hi Emma," I smiled awkwardly, "I... Didn't expect to see you here." I gulped.
"I work here..." Emma raised her eyebrow and smiled.
"Course, yeah, I totally forgot about that." Nice save.
"Okay, that's the worst acting I've ever seen Dan," She laughed nervously.
"Yeah, sorry." I laughed, "I just really enjoyed last night."
"Me too." She side smiled, "Hey, why don't I take an early lunch and we can get a sandwich or something?"
"Sounds good." I smiled as I waited for Emma to hang up her apron and put her pad on the counter.
"Let's go," She winked, linking my arm and we left the coffee shop. As we walked down the high street chatting and laughing, my world suddenly crumbled down around me. Without a warning I saw her. Her huge blue eyes. Her thin dark hair and plump rosy cheeks, hit me like a bus. Iris in the arms of her mother. I should be holding her not that no good, useless woman.
"Dan?" I heard Emma's voice fade into the distance as I stumbled on the concrete, feeling Emma's arms holding me up.
"I just... I need..." Blinking quickly and my breathing speeding up, I thundered away down the street.
"Danny!" A last faint shout from Emma and I was gone.