Chapter 6 - Police

Danny's P.O.V
2 days later -

"Mr O'Donoghue!" A loud shout rang in my ears from outside, "I'll be right back." I whispered to Iris as I lay he down gently in her crib.
As I ran down the stairs, the person shouts again.
"I'm here, I'm here!" I call opening the door wildly, Iris' bottle in my hand and cloth flung over my shoulder. Two very stern looking police, stood on my door step. "Hi, can I help you?"
"Can we come in?" The male police man asked, his mouth set in a menacing straight line, I nodded quickly and led them into the kitchen.
"Um... Do you want a drink? Tea, coffee?" I asked as they sat at the table.
"Waters fine, thank you." The female officer nodded but the male officer shook his head. Anxiety building in my stomach, I poured the water, the feeling of they're eyes on my bared into my back. Slowly, I placed the glass of water on the table and sat opposite them.
"Mr O'Donoghue, we're hear to talk to you about your baby situation." The female said.
"Ok." I gulped
"Is she you child O'Donoghue?" The male officer folded his arm making me even more uncomfortable.
"Um.. Yes." I bit my lip and rubbed my clammy hand nervously.
"Are you sure Mr O'Donoghue?" The female officer raised an eyebrow, "Because you do know the consequences if she's not you daughter?"
"Course, no, she's mine." I nod chewing my lip.
"Could we see a birth certificate?" The male officer glares at me suspiciously.
"Well, actually the mother of my child has it..." I coughed
"We will come for it tomorrow." The male officer stands and walks to the door followed by the female.
"Yes, sure." I smile awkwardly.
"We'll see you tomorrow Mr O'Donoghue." The female nods and closes the front door behind her.
Once the door is shut, I slide down the door breathing out heavily, tears form in my eyes and my cheeks begin to burn. They're going to take her away, and me, I thought, I'll never see her again, my career will be over, no, it's Iris I really care about. Sighing I whisper under my breath, "I love you Iris, I will always love you."