Chapter 18 - The Phone Call

Friday

Marks P.O.V

"Why haven't they called? I mean it's been four days!" Danny paced up and down the living room, me and Glen were sitting on the sofa in front of me, heads in their hands. "Why haven't they called?!"
"Will you please stop pacing!" Glen moaning almost pulling out his own hair.
"But they haven't called! I don't understand!" Danny sighed walking up and down still.
"Dan! Adopting a child takes time! Not just 4 days! Especially in Iris's case!" I jumped up from the sofa and shook me until my teeth chattered.
"Yeah your right. Totally. Sorry." Danny put a fake smile on his face wondered out of the room.
"Thank god!" I sighed flopping back onto the sofa.
"I swear he's delusional! He's been like this for days!" Glen groaned sipping his tea. All of a sudden the phone began to ring, Danny came flying through the door, ran across the sofa and grabbed the phone.
"Ugh! Dan! You've made me spill my tea now!" Glen shouted dabbing his soaking wet shirt.
"Shh," Danny gestured madly, putting his hand over one ear and shouting row the phone, "Hello?!"
"I'll go get a tea towel!" I sighed hurrying out of the room and grabbed a tea towel off the work service. "Here you go Glen."
"Shhh!" Danny hushed us again, angrier this time. 
"Sorry!" I mouthed, passing a Glen the tea towel.
"Ow!" Glen jumped as he patted his shirt with the towel, "Damn! It really burns!"
"SHH!" Danny shouted, spit sprayed every where. "Sorry, please continue!" Danny apologised to the person on the phone and carried on talking. "Ok, yes.... Wow.... Thank you ..... Yes .... Bye."
"Who was that?" Glen asked sitting back down onto the sofa, still shipping his shirt.
"Mark go get the champagne, Glen go borrow one of my shirts and I'll get the glasses." And with that Danny left the room smiling from ear to ear.

Dannys P.O.V

"Okay Dan! We're ready for your news!" Mark called from the living room. As I walking into the room, there was Glen sitting on sofa in a fresh shirt and Mark holding out a bottle of champagne.
"Okay then." I sat down and breathed in heavily, "I'm going to adopt Iris!"
"Ah!" Glen gasped as Mark's jaw dropped to the floor, "I ... I ... You... I"
"I know right!" I laughed as Glen continued to stutter unable to get his words out and Mark was still completely gob smacked.
"How?" Glen finally managed to say.
"Well it turns out that Laura woman, gave me a really good review!"I smiled.
"I can't believe this Dan!" Mark grinned, "You're going to have a kid!"
"Yeah.. I know ... It's surreal!" I blinked, still unable to believe the news. "The social services are going to send through some forms, from the adoption agency and by Monday Iris will be officially my daughter!"
"Wow..." Glen breathed out. "Our Dan's going to be a dad!"