Return To Tatooine

The beginning is for my friend Mile as thanks for the two photos you've made for me! They're the best!

Kanan's POV

Kanan rushed to the hanger. She was foolish, leaving so soon, with the Empire looking for her.

He turned a corner and entered the loud and spacious room that held all the fighters and transports. Making his way through workers and pilots he spotted the Togruta.

"Ahsoka!" He called watching her working on the ship. She turned on her step ladder and lifted her goggles.

"Hey Kanan."

"Ahsoka, you shouldn't leave now."

She pursued her lips. "On any other occasion I would agree with you, but on this one I can't."

He frowned. "Why? Listen it's dangerous.....you won't even tell us where you're going."

Ahsoka put her tools down and stepped off her small ladder. "Kanan I'm going to be fine. I'm not going to die; I don't wish to be another lost Jedi."

He sighed, "Then don't risk it."

She looked up at him. "Why does this trouble you so much?"

Kanan hesitated. He didn't like talking about the past.

Ahsoka stood waiting. He suddenly felt that she wouldn't move until he answered. Probably got that from Hera, he thought.

He sighed and sat on a tool box, Ahsoka sat on her ladder.

"I remember you, from the Temple." He began.

Her eyes widened. "Really?

Kanan nodded. "Yes, almost everyone knew who you were. You were one of the youngest ever to become a Padawan, not to mention you were assigned to General Skywalker. We thought you were lucky."

Ahsoka's smile grew. "What! No way would anyone think that! He was irritating and bossy and- and..."

Kanan grinned, enjoying her surprise. "And one of the most powerful Jedi in the Temple."

She rolled her eyes. Kanan laughed, taking in a good memory of the past, and some weight seemed to lift off his chest.

"You know the first mission I went on with him I saved his life. But he got all huffy because in order to do so I had to pull wall completely over him. But I knew he wouldn't get hurt!"

Kanan grinned.

"I think his ego was wounded because a 14 year old Padawan saved his life." Ahsoka crossed her arms in a pout.

They sat a few minutes in silence.

"I miss him..." She finally mumbled.

Kanan shifted awkwardly. Ahsoka seemed to notice and looked up.

With a sigh she said, "Hera told you, didn't she?"

He nodded, "She only did it because she thought I'd know more about how to help."

Ahsoka looked at the ground. "And?"

"To be honest Ahsoka, all I can say is to not hold onto the past. This is strange coming from someone like me who lives his future based on his past." Kanan frowned to himself.

His fellow Jedi spoke. "Everyone like us, lives like that Kanan. It's impossible not to. The past is what made us what we are today, especially someone like you who was so young when everything happened."

He looked up at her tired blue eyes. "Then we need to remember the past, but not dwell on it. Not long for things gone, let go of our attachments." As he spoke he realized he was right. Still learning, he thought.