Letting the Past Go

Obi-Wan's POV

Finding Ahsoka had been a shock, but taking her to safety had been heartbreaking. She had been convinced he was Anakin, she kept mumbling about how she knew he was still alive, that he wasn't really gone. She had been limp in his arms with no remaining strength to support her own body. It had been so long since he'd seen her he wasn't sure if it really was the energetic Padawan from the Clone Wars, even though the Force told him otherwise. He hadn't been sure until she started speaking.

He didn't know what she knew, or where she had been all this time, but from her words he did learn she'd discovered the truth about Darth Vader. But how, he had no idea.

Now, from what he could understand from her outburst, it seemed as though Vader had somehow discovered she was alive and captured Ahsoka along with someone she knew.

'He stood before me, a monster and tortured me!' Her desperate words hadn't left his mind. He couldn't imagine what it must have been like.

'Asked me where he could find you...'

Ah yes, and Vader did want to find his old Master. Kenobi knew this well, he'd accepted it, but he hadn't expected many people other than himself to suffer for it.

Obi-Wan looked over to Ahsoka where she fell asleep, sprawled on the battered cushions he called a couch. She had injuries all over, most almost healed but the one on her leg. He knew a lightsaber cut when he saw one. And this one was deep, deeper in the mind than anything. He was worried about Ahsoka, worried for what her experience with Vader had done to her.

She was strong he knew, but he sensed she housed more guilt and pain in large abundance now. Another thing she had said in her delirium brought him to this conclusion.

'Master!'

She had gripped his arm tightly, the only time she'd shown strength to move.

'The younglings! I couldn't save the younglings! You must help them! I wasn't there...I should never have gone...'

Her words brought back images he never remembered willingly. Images he couldn't bare to think of. She blamed herself for their deaths....and her guilt was so terribly misplaced.

He must have turned the tables on her. Vader must have twisted things in her mind. And weather she had realized it or not, his words had effected her. If not consciously then subconsciously. He could sense it, something about the Togruta was off. Something she was trying to hide, something she was pushing aside and ignoring.

Obi-Wan hoped he could help her, but he didn't know how long they would have. The two of them hiding from the Empire on the same planet was dangerous. Especially when he had taken down an entire unit. He knew it wasn't safe for either of them being in the same place. He would let her stay and heal, but she couldn't linger long past that.

~   ~   ~

Ahsoka's POV

She woke for the second time that day in the small dusty house, hidden somewhere on Tatooine. A sick feeling graced her mind and soul, born of her resentment from using the Darkside. Her leg also throbbed but it wasn't a big concern of hers at the moment. Obi-Wan, she sensed was meditating in his tiny room, letting her rest.

She wanted to tell him, to explain why she had given in, but she was worried about his reaction. He had already lost one person to the Darkside and she didn't want him to fear that she might do the same.