The Reason Why

I was blushing so hard!! I can't believe he knew that Ryan and I use to date this whole time!!! I started tearing up just thinking about Ryan and I. So much drama!!! I couldn't help but put my earbuds back in my ear and turn on some music to calm down. But I didn't want to be here anymore!!! So I snatched my phone from Chase's hand and tried to run. I jumped out of the tree and started running. UGH I NEED TO STOP DOING THESE THINGS!!!! IT JUST CREATES MORE DRAMA!!!! I ran halfway home until I started to get tired. Chase was behind me the whole time, so I forced myself to keep moving. Once I got home I closed and locked the door. I scoped out the place. By myself, as usual. I had just finished crying when Chase knocked on my door. I answered the door and told him to go away, but he insisted on me to finish hearing him explain himself. And I wanted to hear him out to. So I let him in. Alexa left a note on the table saying she will be back tomorrow. Whatever.

Chase was still trying to catch his breath when he sat down. I let him catch his breath while I sat on the floor, petting Boomie.

"Okay, I think I'm good" Chase said.

"And to think your the captain of the football team!!!" I said.

"Whatever, can I continue the story?" Chase asked.

"Sure whatever" I said, trying to sound like I don't care, even though I so desperately do!!!

"So Ryan told me that you guys used to go out, but you two broke up" obviously he was trying to get me to talk about that, but I wouldn't!!!

"He was like, that he hated you and wanted to crush you. Inside and out"

"Psh, figures" I said, not surprised.

"Ya well, he wanted me to get you to trust me and stuff so I became your friend. That's why I sat at your table. It was for Ryan's mega prank"

"So then what do you want to apologize for?!! You just admitted that you did it all for Ryan, and you didn't sound the tiniest bit of sorry!!!"

"BUT I AM SORRY!!" Chase exclaimed

"FOR WHAT?!! WHAT ARE YOU SORRY FOR?!!" we were both screaming now.

"FOR EVERYTHING!!! IM SORRY I PLAYED YOU!!! IM SORRY THAT I MADE YOU HAVE FEELINGS FOR ME!!!"

"NO YOUR WRONG, I NEVER HAD FEELINGS FOR YOU!!! AND WHY WOULD I?!!" I yell.

"What?" Chase said, losing all the anger in his voice. His face was blank.

"That's right!!! You miscalculated!!!! I never loved you and I never will!!!" I yelled. Chase looked sad but confused at the same time.

"But, all those times we had together... Don't you-" I cut him off

"What times? We talked in class like everybody else. You took me on one date!!! That was it!!! Once I decide to finally open up to you, you stab me right in the back!!! Why are you so surprised?!?!"

"B-But, if you didn't have feelings for me, then why did you cry so much?"

"'Cause, even if I loved you or not, if one of my best friends used me as a pawn in there game, I would be pretty sad!!! Just imagine being in my shoes!!! I had such a nice, happy life, that is, before you came along!!!" I yelled.

"Then I guess the prank would have never worked then, huh?"

"What?"

"The prank, it would have never worked, right? Since you don't feel anything for me"

"You don't give a shit do you?"

"Huh?"

"Your not sorry, you never were. And for a second, I thought I could forgive you. But I guess I was wrong. Go mess with another girl's heart, not mine."

"I am sorry!!! WHY CAN'T YOU UNDERSTAND?!?!?!"

"BECAUSE YOUR STILL CONCERNED ABOUT THAT FUCKING PRANK!!!! WHAT THE HELL?!! WHAT WAS THAT PRANK ANYWAY?!"

"I'm not really sure..." Chase said. He looked out the window, he's such a bad liar.

"Tell me or ima call Diana!!" I said, super serious. Chase suddenly looked super scared. It was obvious that Diana scared the shit out of him!!!

"Okay, Ryan wanted me to get you to have feelings for me. Then I was suppose to... Take you to... Ryan's house. Where he would have all his friends gang up on you. Then.... Rape.... You..... It was suppose to make you sorry for not being sorry when he dumped you. BUT I SWEAR I ONLY FOUND OUT HIS WHOLE PLAN THE DAY YOU HEARD US IN MY ROOM!!! I was going to reject, but I can't!!!! He's the most popular kid in school. If I did he would make my life hell!!!" Chase sounded sincere, like he really cared.

"Okay 1. YOU WEREN'T GOING TO HELP ME?!! JUST BECAUSE IT RISKED LOSING YOUR POPULARITY?!!!"

"But, no one would like me anymore, I would just be a loser with no friends!!! If I didn't do it, he minus well send a group of guys to beat the crap outa me!!!! Then spread rumors about me!!!! And he would drag you into it to!!!"

"SOO WHAT?!! IF I WERE YOU, WOULD HAVE HELPED YOU!!!! EVEN IF IT MEANT LOSING MY FANS!!!! WHAT THE HELL?!!"

"But why would you help me if you didn't love me?"

"Ever heard of friends?!"

"Friends?"

"Yes!!! I thought we were friends until you stuck a knife in my back!!!"

"Wow, you act like it was a real knife"

"Well it felt like it" I mumbled.

"Anyway 2. Why did you even want to pull a prank on me in the first place?!! We didn't even know each other!!" I said, trying to hold my temper.

"Well, at the time you were just a pawn in a game, but since then, I learned more about you, and actually come to really like you!!" Chase said, sounding sorry. OMG!!! WHY CAN'T HE JUST STICK TO ONE TONE?!! I CAN'T TELL IF HE'S LIEING OR NOT!!!! UGH!!!!

"Just... "like"?" I said, starring straight into his electric blue eyes. He turned away.

"Yes"

"Psh, Whatever"

"Why does it matter?" Chase said, turning back to me, I blushed then it was MY turn to turn away.

"It doesn't, just asking..." I heard Chase take a step closer to me, so I walked to the kitchen. He followed me. I sat on a counter at the corner of the stove, while he pulled up a chair and sat next to the island. I made sure to keep my distance.

"Oh and three, he wanted to do this to me, since I didn't regret crawling back to him after HE... Dumped me?"

"Ya why?"

"Well, your missing the real reason to all of this. He didn't dump me, I was the one who dumped his sorry ass. He's probably doing all of this to get back at me... Psh, he's so sorry" I said.

"Wait YOU broke up with HIM?!!" Chase exclaimed, he seemed pretty pumped for some reason.

"Ya, he was a walking bag of shit, I'm glad I dumped him"

"But why did you break up with him? I already know he's shit, but can you be more specific? Backstory please?"

"You really wana know?"

"YES!!!"

"Ugh, fine, but you didn't hear this from me"