The Flame in her heart

Bubba got grounded.

And you wanna know some shocking news.

Not once in his fifteen years before now has he gotten grounded before.

Currently he was lying down on his bed in his room. He had been lying there staring at the ceiling for who knows how long. Peps had made the rules very clear.

"One week."
"No computer."
"No TV."
"Curfew of 7."

The only electronics he was allowed to have was his e-reader and phone. The only reason he had his phone was so Peps could check up on him.

This week was going to officially suck.

Just then his phone began to rang and Fiona's name flashed upon the screen.

"Hey."
"Hey Bubba. It's Fiona in case you didn't know."
"I knew. Caller I.D. remember ?"
"Oh, yea. Forgot sorry?"

An awkward silence filled the space until suddenly Fiona cleared her throat.

"So, I need to tell you something, but I need to tell you in person."

"Okay. Where do you wanna meet?"

"How about the little diner by our school? The one with the really good ice cream and burgers?"

"Sure, but I have to be home by 7."

"7?"

"I'll explain at the diner."

---------------------------------

When bubba arrived at the diner there were only three tables occupied. One had a family of six, another held an old man drinking coffee and the third held Fiona.

Bubba walked over to Fiona and took a better look at her appearance.

In total honesty, she looked horrible.

Her hair was a tangled mess, she had bags under her eyes, she looked pale and her eyes were red from crying. She was wearing a loose sweater and sweatpants.

When Bubba sat down she sent him a forced smile. She then looked down at the coffee cup in her hand. It was silent for a moment before Fiona spoke.

"So, how bout you tell me why you have to be home at 7?" She croaked.

Bubba smiled sadly and described the occurrences of the morning. Bubba tried his best to make her laugh but even at the funny parts she just sent him a sad smile.

When Bubba finished his story and another silence occurred. This time it was broken by the waitress.

"Hello. I'm Ginger. Can I get you anything today?" She asked pulling out her notepad.

"Um, do you guys have strawberry milkshakes?"

"We do."

"I'll have one of those then, please."

"Okay I'll be right back with your order."

Bubba turned to face Fiona.

"What did you wanna tell me?"

Fiona looked as if she was going to cry all over again.

"So yesterday at the party I was dancing with Flame. We had had a couple drinks but we weren't drunk, we just weren't entirely sober. And then Flame had told me that he didn't actually live that far away and he wanted to get away from the party. He asked if I wanted to come with and I said yes." She said rubbing her eyes.

"So we walked to his house and when I got cold he gave me his jacket and he was really sweet. And then at his house he said we should drink some water so our hangovers weren't so bad. I was sitting on the counter and he was sitting beside me and he put down his glass of water and I had finished mine, and he looked me in the eye" Fiona took a shaky breathe.

"and he kissed me."

"Shouldn't you be happy then?" Bubba asked confused. "I thought you liked him?"

"I do! That's why it hurts so much!" cried Fiona.

"That's why what hurts so much?" Bubba asked grabbing her hand from across the table.

Fiona sniffles and looked him in the eye.

"Me and Flame had sex. I had sex with him. I lost my virginity to him and you wanna what happened the morning after? When I woke up he was dressed and he was sitting in the corner on his chair. You wanna know what he said to me?" Fiona says rubbing her already irritated nose and then staring right back into Bubba's eyes.

"I think you better leave now and forget all about last night."

---------------------

Wow.

That was so hard for me to write. Oh god. So I'm going to try updating later today or tomorrow. By the way tomorrow I'm going to camp for two weeks so I won't be able to update. Sorry.

It would be great if I came back to 20 votes and 10 comments ❤️

I'll give you guys 10 facts about me

1. My name is Rachel 🙋🏽
2. I'm going to grade 10🎓
3. I have a pet cat named Innova🐱
4. My best friends names is Sydney 👯
5. My favourite bands are BVB, MCR and Blink 182🎧
6. I'm Bisexual 👩‍❤️‍👩💑
7. My favourite colours are pink and black🎨
8. I'm 5'6🙆🏽
9. My favourite TV shows are pretty little liars, Inuyasha and adventure time 🎬
10. I am physically attracted to Taylor Caniff, Andy Biersack and this lifeguard at wonderland who I flirted with and he flirted back (whoever you are, your hot 😍🔥)

State one cool fact about yourself.

Lots of love,
Rachel ❤️