chapter 11 (part 1)

May 18, Thursday
The next day, also it's Finns birthday

Finns pov

Today I wake up with a smile on my face and I jump out of bed and walk downstairs to see my family at the table with my cake put in the center. The look towards me and smile. The start singing happy birthday to me and i smile wider. I blow out the candles and my mom cuts me a piece. After I eat my cake, I get ready for school. I brush my teeth, take quite shower and get dressed. I say goodbye to my parents and hop into my truck with Katie. We drive to Rachel's house and I beep my horn. She comes out and hops into the truck. She kisses my cheek and says, "happy birthday!" I smile and kiss her. We are interrupted by Katie groaning. I pull away laughing and start driving.

We pull up to school and get out of my truck. People wish me happy birthday as i walk to my locker. I get to my destination, my locker, and see the whole glee club there with balloons, cards and I start to smile wide. "Happy birthday!!" They exclaim and I laugh. The girls hug me and I fist bump the guys. We walk to the choir room and I stop in my place. There's a sign from one side to the other side of the room that says "happy birthday Finn" and there's balloons and presents. I looked around but stopped when I saw my parents standing by the cake. I grin and walk over, hugging them. "How?" I ask as I look around. "It was my idea and we all help decorate it" says my wonderful girlfriend. I hug her and kiss her forehead. "That so guys but this too much-" I'm cut off by "look, you only turn 18 once, it's a big deal and it's way to important to blow away" coming from Rachel and kisses my cheek. We sit down in the chairs and eat cake when Mr schue comes in with the kids who tried out yesterday and they each have a present. They set them with the rest of them and I grin devilishly at the mountain of presents. Mr Schue walks over to he board and writes "Finn" on the board. "Today we are celebrating the birthday of Finn, so this week, you will perform songs to him and Finn, if you want, you can so sing a song, but right now we are going to open the presents" says mr Schue and I jump from my seat and grab the first present. "No! Go sit down, we will hand them to you" jokes my mom laughing and I fake pout. I sit in the center chair in the front row. Rachel hands me the first present and I immediately tear the wrapping. "Oh... My... God!" I'm shocked. They're blue beats, my favorite color. "Who's it's from?" I ask, looking up shocked. I see Rachel smile. I kiss her cheek as a thank you and wait for the next one. My mom hand sit to me and I smile even bigger. I shake it but there's no sound. I open it up and my eyes widen. It's a hoverboard segway. I jump up from my chair and hug my mother tightly. My dad shows me the next one and I instantly get excited. It's a huge cube and heavy. I tear the wrapping and i gasp, so does everyone else. I sit on the stool and smile widely at my dad. I walk around the drum kit and hug my dad tightly. Katie hands me an envelope and I smile at her. She kisses my cheek and I open it. I see tickets for all the glee club to the New York Giants vs. The Patriots game this weekend. I stare in shock at the tickets and look at everyone. "Well? What do you think? Wanna go?" Jokes Katie and I kiss her cheek.

The other presents I got were, a white Vancouver canucks jersey and hat from Santana, a pair of blue, white and black Jordan's from Mike, GTA V and Call of Duty from Puck, a new Xbox one from Artie, an iPad mini from Brittany, a lot of money ($600 total) from Mr Schue, Tina and Mercedes, a new pair of football cleats from Jacob, another pair of Jordan's from Mr schue, a snap back that says swag from Sam, a new varsity jacket with my name on the back from Sarah, Jose, Parker and Julian and a bunch of love from all of them. They say the have a bigger surprise for me at my birthday party later today. With the help of the glee boys, my dad puts the drum kit in the back of his truck and my mom takes my presents besides my varsity jacket, home so I wouldn't lose them. After they leave, we actually start glee this time. "Mr Schue I have a song i wanna perform to Finn" says Rachel and I kiss her cheek. "Okay take the floor Rachel" he says and sits down. She walks over and grabs a stool.