(11) Project Survival

Project Survival

Chapter 11

I started mixing the drugs, being careful not to spill or ad too much. The mixture had to be as accurate as possible. As I mixed all of the drugs together the liquid started foaming and turning extremely hot. I had no idea if this was supposed to happen so I just carried on, hoping and praying that I was doing it correctly. Once I threw in the last drug, which was a pinch of the sliver potion, the foaming stopped and the liquid turned blue. It was still hot but at least it looked like the drugs they had injected Sidney with at the lab.

I waited for the liquid to cool down while going over the mixing process in my head. Once I was satisfied with its temperature I took one of the syringes and pulled the blue liquid into it.

“I hope this works,” I whispered to myself as I turned to Sidney and lifted his arm onto my lap. I rubbed over his skin a few times to warm it up and then slowly pressed the needle into a vein. I could feel my body starting to shake as I carefully pressed down on the syringe and watched as the drugs entered his body. By the time I was done I was a nervous wreck. There was nothing more I could do so I sat back against the wall, closed my eyes and hoped against hope that Sidney will be ok.

I don’t know how long I sat there or when I fell asleep but it was his voice that woke me.

“Kaiden,” he whispered, pulling me out of my nightmare and back to reality which wasn’t much better except for the fact that I had him.  I was sitting right next to him so I quickly turned around and felt my body fill with relieve as his eyes fluttered open and focused on me.

“You’re awake,” I whispered as tears started stinging at my eyes.

“Yeah,” he replied, his lips turning up into a smile.

That’s when I lost it. The tears that I’ve been holding back for so long came like a thunder storm as I started sobbing uncontrollably. I was crying for the loss of my life as I knew it, for finding out my dad was a horrible monster, for being forced to do unimaginable things while working in the lab, for killing the old man at the farm but most of all I was crying because I had Sidney back. I needed him to be able to carry on and for a while I thought I had lost him.

As I was having my little break down I felt two warm arms wrap around me and pull me closer. His touch and the feel of his breath on my neck managed to calm me down a bit but it still took a few minutes before I could pull myself together and stop crying all together.

“I’m so sorry,” Sidney whispered when I finally pulled away and looked at his beautiful face.

“For what?” I asked, confused.

“For leaving you alone and for almost dying,” he answered with a serious look in his eyes.

“You don’t have to apologize for that, it wasn’t your fault,” I stated, stunned that he would say sorry for something like that.

“Of course it’s my fault, if I wasn’t some kind of biological freak none of this would have happened,” he replied, shocking me some more.

“You are not a freak,” I half yelled, trying to make him understand that he wasn’t to blame for anything that happened. The only people that can be blamed for what was going on are my dead father and the monsters that worked at the lab with him.

“Yes I am,” Sidney stated stubbornly but I could tell that he wasn’t as angry with himself anymore.

“Ok, maybe you are but you are my freak so don’t ever think of leaving me again, not even to die,” I said, smiling at him teasingly.

At first he looked at me like he thought I was crazy but then his lips turned up into a smile as he pulled me closer again.

“I won’t ever leave you, not even to die,” he whispered softly before leaning forward and pressing his lips to mine.

The kiss started off slow and careful but soon grew in pace and passion to the point where we were both breathing heavily.

“Maybe we shouldn’t, you’re still weak,” I breathed as he gently laid me onto the cardboard box he was laying on earlier.

“This will make me stronger,” he replied as he started placing kisses down my neck, over my chest and all the way back up to my mouth where our lips found each other again.

“Are you sure you are ok?” I asked when we finally pulled apart to breath.

“Yes, I’m fine,” he replied, grinning down at me as his hand traced down my body.

That is all the reassuring that I needed. I wanted him so badly, I wanted to feel the touch of his lips on mine, I wanted to feel the electricity that ran through my body from the touch of his hands and I wanted to feel the pleasure of having his body pressed tightly against mine. I wanted to make love to him, I wanted to lose myself in the warmth and safety of his love.

The ecstasy my body felt while making love to Sidney was indescribable and from the look on his face I knew that he felt the same. It felt like I was in my own personal heaven, that is until he suddenly stopped kissing me and jumped to his feet.

“What’s wrong?” I asked, sitting up and looking around the abandoned building.

“Their coming. Get dressed, we have to leave,” Sidney answered as he grabbed his clothes from the floor and started putting them on.

“Who’s coming?” I questioned, terrified by his words.

“I don’t know but we better hurry, their getting closer,” he answered.

I had no idea what was going on but I had no doubt that Sidney was telling the truth. He has senses far greater than any human and I knew he wouldn’t lie to me so without any further questioning I jumped to my feet and started putting on my clothes.

While I was getting dressed Sidney quickly packed everything I had taken out of my bag back into it and then we made our way out of the building and to the car.