Left behind

Authors note:Hi people!

So I decided to upload this chapter now. (Yay!).And just to tell you NO COPYING!

Just so ya know :)

Anyhoo, there is gonna be a new character in this chapter called Juli who is based on my friend Juliette.

SO ON TO THE NEXT CHAPTER!!

************************************

I eventually got home and burst through the door.

"MOM. DAD I'm HOME!"

There was complete silence.

"MOM? DAD?".

Still nothing. I was starting to worry.

I walked into the kitchen and saw an envelope with my name on it.

Oh shit. What if someone had kidnapped my parents and was holding them for ransom.

I picked up the envelope and opened it.I unfolded the letter and saw it started with "Dear Alex".

Kidnappers didn't start ransom letters with "Dear" did they?

I read through the letter and my worry soon turned to confusion and then to anger.

Here's what it said:

Dear Alex,

Your father and I have just won two tickets to a three week long ski resort stay. We had to leave today or else they would expire. By the time you get back from school and read this we will be in France.

We believe you are old enough to look after yourself for a few weeks, and you will have Ruby with you anyway. Just don't tell anyone that you are alone ok?

Love you lots,

Mom. xxx

P.s. there is some money in you and Ruby's rooms.

I couldn't believe it! My parents had just left me and ruby alone for three weeks. Talk about in responsible.

I scrunched up the letter into a ball and tossed it in the bin. I decided to make myself some popcorn and watch some YouTube videos.

I put the bag of microwave popcorn in the microwave and ran upstairs to Ruby's room to get her laptop. I had my own one but her's was ten times nicer.

Ruby's room was really nice. She had dark pink walls and a red rug in front of her huge bed. She didn't have any One direction posters but she did have a life size Harry Styles cardboard cutout.

I don't know she she sleeps or gets changed with that thing watching her all the time.

I shuddered and grabbed her laptop.

When I got down stairs the microwave was beeping to tell me the popcorn was ready. I poured it into a bowl and sat down on a armchair.

I logged onto YouTube and clicked on The Adventurous Adventures of One Direction.(if you haven't seen this I strongly advise you too)

After watching part 2, Their Xfactor

performances and the movie trailer. I realised Ruby would be home at any second. I slid the laptop under the chair just as she burst through the door. I heard her footsteps go upstairs.

I followed her up and saw her throwing clothes into a bag.

"Um..Ruby? What are you doing?" I asked as she stuffed a pair of heels into the nearly full, pink bag.

" I got the message about mum and dad. No way am I staying here for three weeks with you. I'm going to London with the girls,"she said not even looking at me.

My mouth dropped open. "B..b..but you can't just leave me here!".

Wow. First mum and dad then Ruby?

"I know that's why Juli is coming".

She said it like it was the simplest thing in the world

"What?" I asked still not believing what I was hearing. She had finished packing and had her purse and and the money mum had left on her desk.

"You'll be fine!"she said. And before I could say anything else she was down the stairs and out the door.

I was in pure shock.

Ruby's leaving me at home for three weeks with Juli?

Juli is my cousin. She is a year older that me. She has long dark red curly hair. I like her but she HATES One Direction. I can't even mention them around her.

I sighed. Today was turning out to a really weird day.

I heard a car pull up outside and then drive off. A moment later there was a knock on the door.

Time to say hello to Juli

************************************

Hope you liked it!

I'll update again soon.

The boys will be coming in soon.

So..

Comment

Vote

:)