14

Vivian- 
Nine days later I was sat on my couch during my day off, watching TV lazily when the door opened.

Denis.

He was the only person who had a key. Two weeks ago he has found my spare and kept it, so if I ever got locked out I would have to call him.

He was such a child.

Ever since his kiss comment last week we were awkward around each other. But that didn't stop him from coming over constantly.

He knew I liked having the company.

"Denis?" I called.

"Yeah it's me little owl." He smiled, walking in.

"You look nice. Did I forget about something today?" I asked, scanning my brain.

"No little owl, I'm just being spontaneous. Would you like to go out with me?"

"Depends." I smiled, getting up and walking towards him, kissing his cheek lightly.

"On?" He raised his eyebrow.

"Where you plan to take me." I smiled.

"Well, it's a surprise." He said, grabbing my hand and spinning me quickly before pulling me to his chest and kissing my forehead.

"And what do I wear for surprise?" I asked.

"A dress." He smiled, kissing my nose.

"You're very affectionate today." I blushed, pulling away. "I'll be ready in fifteen minutes. You know where everything is." I smiled, running upstairs.

I picked out a pair of black tights, heels and a plain black dress, along with a brown coat and a necklace.

I looked pretty good.

I walked downstairs to see Denis sitting on my couch with Luna.

"I swear she loves you more than she loves me." I giggled as he stood up, causing her to meow in protest.

"You look absolutely stunning Viv." He grabbed my hand, twirling me in a circle.

"Thanks." I blushed.

"You ready?" He asked.

I nodded, letting him lead me into his car.

"So what are we doing today?" I raised my eyebrow.

"We are going shopping."

"You got me dressed up to go to the grocery store?" I rolled me eyes.

"No, not today at least."

"Then what are we doing?" I asked.

"I need help picking a Christmas gift for the boys, and figured you would do better with finding things than I would. I'll pay and put your name on them, so we both do a little bit of work." He smiled.

Christmas. That was next week.

Truthfully I didn't know what I was doing at Christmas time.

My mother was gone, and my dad and his husband were in Milan, leaving me alone.

Last year I spent it with Jake, so I was unsure of what to do this year.

"Which reminds me, where are you spending Christmas this year?" He squeezed my hand.

I hadn't even realized that we had been holding hands, that's how comfortable I was touching Denis, it felt natural.

"Here."

"You aren't going anywhere?"

I shook my head.

"My dad is in Milan, and there's no point in me going to York." I bit my lip.

"Well, I happen to be staying here also, would you like to spend Christmas with me little owl?"

"That sounds nice." I smiled.

"Good, now we have to get matching pajamas."

"And whys that?" I laughed.

"For our Christmas Eve sleepover."

"We are having a sleepover?" I giggled.

"Well duh, we have to wait for Santa together."

"Denis you are twenty-four years old and you are talking about Santa as if he is real." I rolled my eyes.

"Don't you say that Santa isn't real." He joked, pretending to cry.

"Oh shut up." I laughed as he parked the car.

I got out and took his hand, shivering a bit from the chill of the air.

"You cold little owl?" He asked, concerned.

I nodded a bit.

"I'll be fine though." I reassured him as we walked into a store.

"First things first, matching PJ's." He smiled.

"You're really  serious about that?" I raised my eyebrow.

He nodded.

"We did it as children we can do it now. Tradition little owl." He chuckled.

Our families had spent Christmas together every year until he moved to Ukraine.

"Okay. But that have to look like the kind we wore as kids." I laughed.

We always had white tops and red and green pajama bottoms. It was cute, our parents would let us have a sleepover on Christmas Eve. Those were my favorite memories with Denis from when we were little.

We walked through the store, picking out presents for our friends and choosing our pajamas.

Eventually we decided on white long sleeved shirts with Denis getting red pajama bottoms, and me getting green pajama bottoms.

"Together we are Christmas." He smiled like a little boy.

"You are such a nerd." I rolled my eyes at him.

"But I'm your favorite nerd." He chuckled.

"Debatable." I smirked as we got back into the car.

We had finished our shopping and we're both relatively tired.

Although I still had to find Denis a present. He was the most difficult one to buy for because he always got me something amazing, and I never was able to top him.

I had an idea, but I didn't know if it was too strange for him.

"Do you want to go to dinner?" He asked.

"I....uh, actually have somewhere I need to be." I bit my lip.

"Oh okay." He looked disappointed. I had to go get his present.

He dropped me off at my house, kissing my cheek as I left.

Once he was out of sight and got into my car taking a deep breath as I put the key in the ignition and began to drive.

I pulled up to my destination, excited about what I was about to do, yet nervous for Denis's reaction.

-----
A/N: So what do you think Viv is doing for Denis? Let me know in the comments. ;) love you all. -Anon