15

Vivian-

It was Christmas Eve and I stood in Denis's bathroom, looking in the mirror running my hand over the back of my neck.

I pulled my hair up and turned around, looking at the ink on the back of my neck.

Yes, I had gotten a tattoo for Denis, his name on the back of my neck. It was his name in cursive right below my hairline, only visible if my hair was up, that's why I chose to get it there, so I could still work at the hospital and look professional.

I was beginning to get nervous though. What if he hated the tattoo? What if it was a lame gift.

I was so nervous about revealing it to him tomorrow morning, but it was too late to turn back now.

I pulled my hair down so it wasn't visible and walked out of the bathroom to see Denis curled up in bed in his matching pajamas.

He smiled at me, opening up the covers for me to crawl into bed next to him.

I immediately snuggled into his chest and sighed in contentment at our proximity.

He was warm and being wrapped in each other's arms felt right.

I just hoped he wouldn't see my tattoo until the morning.

"Aren't we cute, all matchy matchy." He smiled, kissing my forehead.

"Well you definitely wear the pajamas better." I giggled.

"I beg to differ." He smiled.

"You definitely pull them off well."

"Nope. You look cute and Christmassy. Admit it." He laughed.

"Nope." I smirked.

He began to tickle me.

"Admit it."

"Denis! We aren't.....five anymore.....tickle wars....are stupid." I shrieked laughing and writhing around.

"Says the girl wearing matching Christmas pajamas." He laughed.

"Oh whatever." I laughed, as he stopped ticking me, allowing me to settle back into his chest.

"You tired little owl?"

I nodded.

"Long day at work."

Yes I had to work all day Christmas Eve, but it was worth it since I got Christmas off. Emergencies never stopped, so work never stopped either.

"I bet. You can sleep little owl. I don't mind."

"But I want to spend time with you." I pouted.

"I'll be here when you get up. And when you get up we will have the best Christmas ever." He smiled.

I nodded, yawning as I settled into his chest, falling into a deep sleep.

-----

The next morning I woke up to Denis's sleeping face.

His eyes fluttered open and I immediately smiled at him.

"Merry Christmas Mr. Rockstar."

"Merry Christmas little owl." He smiled, sitting up and smiling down at me.

I looked at the clock to see that it was seven AM.

"We are up early." I laughed.

"Well we have to be if we are going to exchange our gifts and have breakfast ready before everybody else comes." He smiled.