Chapter 8

Shane's POV:

"Get up," I hear an angry voice tell me. My head is pounding and I feel nauseous. I shush the voice and groan. What the hell was I thinking with all those drinks? I try to remember and the pain increases. I hit Joey. He basically hates me now. My heart hurts much worse than my head and that's a lot, considering I feel like satan himself is having his rough way with my head. I feel bruises all over me.
"Shane. Get the fuck up," the obnoxious voice tells me. I open one eyes and squint at the overly bright sunlight. Lisa is standing on the opposite side of the bed.
"Are you gonna get up yourself or should I bring the water bucket?" she threatens. I groan and rub the sleep from my eyes, slowly sitting up. My headache could not be worse and Lisa's definitely not helping. I don't blame her, though, I brought this on myself. I just wish she would lay off. I get up and head straight to the bathroom, ignoring Lisa. I get there in time to puke my guts out in the toilet. Lisa emerges from the bedroom and stands at the bathroom door, watching me helplessly. After a few more minutes, Lisa puts her hands on her hips and begins to speak,
"I made a mental list of what you have to explain to me."
"Okay," I respond before focusing my attention back to the toilet.
"Number 1, why did you suddenly just get up and leave yesterday without saying a single word to me?" she starts.
"I remembered that I had a colab with someone and I was about to be late," I lie. Damn, I'm good at this. I mentally do a dramatic hair flip.
"Two, where did you go?" she continues.
"To do a colab and then I had a drink," I keep up with the lie.
"You're not supposed to answer until I'm done listing the questions," Lisa informs me. I sigh and stay on the bathroom floor.
"Three, who did that to your face and why? Four, why didn't you text me or answer my calls? Five, why did you get home so late? Six, who were you with?" she pauses and I'm not sure if she's done or she just can't remember the rest of the questions so I begin to speak.
"I forgot I had a colab with Trisha and I was already late so I just left and after the colab we went to go have a drink. Trish had to leave but I stayed a little longer and on my way out I got jumped. And I didn't answer because my dumb ass left my phone in my car," I lie. It's not completely a lie, I did get jumped. The evil part of me feels proud of my realistic, on-the-spot lie. She doesn't look like she believes me but honestly, I couldn't care less at the moment. My head hurts, she's talking too loud, I feel like vomiting and my soul is aching. I get up and slowly walk to the kitchen, gently pushing Lisa out of my way. I grab a trash can and some water before heading back to the bedroom. I grab my phone and cringe at how bright it seems with this massive headache. I use the remainder of the battery to text Trisha.

Shane: "Hey Trish. Can u do me a favor? If Lisa or anyone asks, we had a colab scheduled yesterday, which I was late to and then we went for a drink. I'll explain later, I have a massive hangover. Love you and thanks!"
Trish: "I got you boo ;)"

I delete the evidence and smile at myself for having such great friends. I wonder if Drew would lie for me. I grab my charger and leave my phone charging while I take a hangover-induced morning nap.

Joey's POV:

"I don't belong in this place," Shane said. He was wearing sweatpants and a sweatshirt, his hair still damp from a shower. He was sitting on the bottom bunk in a room full of bunk beds, like some sort of summer camp cabin for grown-up boozers.
"Everyone here is crazy!" I looked around at all the scary  and mean looking people.
"I just got drunk a few times," Shane pleaded, "But these people are hard-core drug addicts!"
I recognize this place. Of course, it's the rehabilitation center. I know this place like the back of my hand.
"You need help. You need some time to do some work on yourself before you can come back and try to take care of Lisa and Corny," a familiar voice said. My poor Shane, he shouldn't be in here!
"I'M NOT CRAZY!" Shane yelled, with an insane look in his sparkly blue eyes. "Joey! Joey! JOEY!"