Chapter 20

Joey's POV:

"Joey?," we hear Sawyer's voice on the other side of the door, as well as knocking. Crap. I take my hand out of Shane's pants and he stands up.
"Get in the closet," I whisper to Shane. He quickly does so and I go to open the door for Sawyer.

"Yeah?," I ask, when I open the door to a half dressed Sawyer.
"Oh!," Sawyer exclaims, his eyes wandering to my lower half. Crap, I should've pulled some pants on. My face burns of embarrassment. He blinks several times and tries to look anywhere but my boner. His fingers nervously fiddle with his hair.
"I didn't know you were still in bed. I was just taking my morning bath and I heard some... noises so I came to check on you," Sawyer explains.
I chew on my lip nervously and look down. Dang, he heard us.
"Alright... I'm gonna go get dressed," I dismiss him.
After closing the door I go to my closet and let Shane out.
"I fucking told you," Shane mocks in a playful tone.
"Whatever. Now, where were we...," I say, walking over to Shane and hooking my arms around his neck.
"We were getting dressed," Shane says, smiling cheekily and removing my arms from around his neck.

Despite my hunger for Shane, him and I get dressed in my clothes. He looks absolutely adorable in my burgundy button up shirt and dark skinny jeans.
"Let me do your hair," I say to Shane.
"Oh fuck," Shane hesitates.
"Please?"
"Fine. Just know that if you fuck it up, you're the one that's gonna have to walk around with a poorly hair styled boyfriend," Shane says in warning.
He never fails to make me laugh.
I take him by the wrist and drag him to my bathroom.

Shane's POV:
"Don't fuck it up," I tell Joey for the millionth time while he's combing my hair after soaking it in products.
"Don't worry babe, I got this," he assures me. I'm scared to look up into the mirror. My face remains a fake scowl until Joey pecks my cheek, triggering a smile.
"Are you done yet?," I ask.
"No, but you can look," Joey tells me.
"I'm scared," I admit. My hair isn't perfect like Joey's.
"Trust me."
"If it turns out horrible you owe me a kiss. And if it turns out good, then I owe you one," I say, making Joey giggle. He's so cute.
"There! Perfection!," Joey says.
I timidly look up at the mirror, expecting the worst.
I find my hair looking very orange, styled upward in a new way. The tips of the front of my hair are flipped back and the sides brushed down.
"It would look better if the sides were shorter," Joey tells me.
"Eww, I can see my face," I say. I love the hairstyle, I just don't love my face.
"That's the point. You're so handsome, Shane. Just look at yourself," Joey says sweetly. Our eyes meet in the mirror and I can't help but to blush at his admiring gaze.
The shield of hair that I have purposely placed on my face has been lifted by Joey, and I feel a strange sense of worth in it. I don't need to hide anymore.
"Thank you." Not just for the hairstyle, for everything. "I guess I owe you a kiss, Joey."
I cup his cheeks with my hands and connect our lips. I love him more than anything and I want him to know that.

Joey's POV:
"I'm gonna go make sure Sawyer's in his room then I'll come back and get you," I tell Shane. He nods and I exit my room, looking around to see if Sawyer's anywhere in sight.
When I don't find him, I go back my room and signal Shane to come out. We quickly make our way to the door and I let Shane go out before me.
"I'm going out, I'll be back soon," I call out to Sawyer before closing the door.
Shane sighs in relief.
"That was nerve wrecking," he says as we walk towards the elevator.
"Hah, yeah," I laugh.
Shane casually takes my hand as we walk. He acts as if it's nothing but really it means so much to me.

"Where shall we go?," I ask, getting into Shane's car.
"Crap, I need to vlog," I say, remembering that I don't have many videos left to post. I take my phone out since I forgot my camera and begin recording, making sure Shane doesn't get in the video.