Chapter 1

Dear Diary,

Another day of miserable of high school. This entry won't be much different from the others. I go to school, get bullied, come home, and cry myself to sleep. I better get going. My mom is making eggs which I'm allergic to.

Yours truly, Darcy Styles

I scribble my signature and slam the book shut. I drag myself into my closet and pull on a white abercrombie shirt, a pair of yellow jeans, and my white converse. I go into my bathroom and try to tame my wild brunette hair. Then I rush downstairs to see my breakfast surprise.

________________________

"Morning honey. I made you eggs, your favorite." My mom calls. I stare at the disgusting pile of yellow trash on my plate in disgust.

"One, don't call me honey. My name is Darcy. You should know that since you named me or was it Dad's idea? Second, I'm allergic to eggs. If I ate that stuff, I would die." I mutter in frustration. My mother lowers her head, obviously hurt because I brought up dad. "Dad" is a very touchy subject in this house and is not supposed to be mentioned. I huff in anger since my mother obviously doesn't care about me and grab a bagel off the counter.

"Bye mom" I grumble and walk out the door without another word. As I make my way to school, I hum my favorite song, Isn't she lovely by Stevie Wonder. My dad apparently used to sing me this song when I was a baby. I feel tears surface my eyes as I think about my dad and where he might be. He's probably some drug addict or living a millionaire life in Australia without me. As I approach the school, I hear the laughter of my enemy classmates and immediately duck towards the back of the school.

"Hey it's Darcy!!" I hear a voice shout. It sounds like Jason's. He's found me. Oh god. I hear all of their footsteps coming closer and I try to run but they're to fast. I feel someone come up behind and push me to the cold hard concrete.

"LOSER!! Get up!" Jason shouts. I stumble onto my feet, his tall body towering over me.Tears of fear stream down my face as Jason flashes me his signature smile.

"You know better than to hang around here." Jason breathes and pushes me down again. Blood drips from my arm as the other kids begin to kick me. I scream out in pain, but they all laugh and continue to torture me. The bell rings and they all flee. As I try to stand up, I see Jason still lingering around staring at me.

"Next time, It will be even worse." Jason calls in a menacing voice and runs away. I examine my arm. It is bloody and scraped bad. I slowly limp into school with no help. but I'm used to it. I'm just that freak with no dad and no life. These are the times I really do hope dad is a rich millionaire living in Australia, waiting for me.