Chapter 5

I head downtown with my headphones in my ear. I like to drown out the world for a little while and hopefully some of my problems. Good Girl by Carrie Underwood blast into my ears. Its my mom's favorite song which I have no idea why I'm listening to it after she yelled at me. Maybe because I miss her. I miss her bubbly young self. When she didn't mind talking about dad a bit. When she actually cared about me. As I strode down the street, I pass by the local bar, Snookie's where all the high school kids hangout after school. I wish I had chosen a different way then this one. It's like I'm asking for trouble. I see Jason with a couple of his friends sitting outside the bar, with beers in there hands. They're only 15 and drinking. Well we know who America's next alcoholics are gonna be.

"Hey Darcy." Jason slurs obvious drunk.

"Get away from me." I mutter trying to be assertive but failing miserably.

"You wanna get a drink with us?" Jason calls with his hot breath on my face.

"I think you've had one too many." I retort and try to push by. He grabs my shoulder and pushes my back slightly.

"Oh come on. You know you want to." He whispers into my ears. He starts to slowly grab my thighs and moves up.

"Get your disgusting hands off of me." I demand.

"Make me." Jason says in a sly voice. I stomp on his foot and make a run for it. Suddenly, Something crashes into my head leaving a sharp pain. I feel a burning liquid drip down my back. Is it blood? Sure enough, it is. I turn around to see parts of a smashed beer bottle scattered around me. I touch my back and feel the sharp glass blades in it. Jason throw a beer bottle at me. Him and his friends point and laugh at me, drunk as ever. I limp off towards the music store. No point in going home. My mom hates me and I get more love from total strangers than from her. As I straggle to the music store with sharp pains attacking my body, I do what I do best. Cry.