Chapter 3

"What happened?" The Nurse, Catherine questioned with worry.

"One word. Bullying." I reply. I watch as Catherine slowly cleans my cuts.

"Again? By who?" Catherine quizzes.

"Claire, Jason, you know everybody." I mutter. She puts a bandage on my arms and looks at me with a stern face.

"You can't keep letting this happen."

"Yes I can. Besides, no matter how hard I try, they will always win. Always."

"Only if you let them. What are you so scared of?"

"What do you mean?"

"Why are you so scared of them?"

"Because they can do this is to me." I state and point at the scratch across my cheek.

"You gotta fight back."

"With what? My bare hands? Plus, they have such good comebacks. About my dad." I mutter choking up. I can't hold it in any longer. I begin to cry a river of tears. Catherine hugs me in her arms, making me feel loved. Something I haven't felt in a long time.

"So what if you don't t have a dad? What is that stopping you from."

"Being accepted. Being normal."

"Normal's boring. Everyone's normal."

"Apparently I'm not."

"Don't listen to what they say. They don't know the real you. But I do. And your beautiful and talented." Catherine states softly. I cry more tears, not used to the feeling of so much love at one time. Or at all. The bell rings meaning the end of first period which I completely skipped. Mr. John my history teacher is gonna be mad.

"You better get going. I'll write Mr. John a note." Catherine calls. I nod and head towards the door.

"Remember your beautiful!!" Catherine shouts out of me. I smile slightly and walk out towards my locker. If only I could believe I was beautiful, but deep down I know everyone's right. I'm ugly and weird and that's all I'll ever be.