Chapter 11

My white iPhone with a pink gel case begins to ring. I stare at it like its a bomb not sure if I should pick it up or not. I look at the number. 214-567-8976. I have never seen this number before. I hesitantly pick up my phone and press the green talk button.

"Hello?" I question. There is a tiny gasp on the other end and a bit of shifting around before I.get an answer.

"Uh, Hi. Is this Darcy?" A deep and calming voice quizzed. I bit my lip. I think I know excatly who this is.

"That is what everyone calls me." I respond. The voice laughs at my smart remark.

"Well, this is Harry. Your dad." Harry states. I scream mentally and jump up and down. He said he was my dad. I'm talking to my dad on the phone. I have a dad that knows I exist.

"Uh....hey....dad." I call back hesitant to call him dad.

"You wanted me to call you?"

"Uh yea......"

"What for? I'm the worst father ever."

"Well.....yea you are but that's why I want to know why? Why did you leave? What happened?" I explain and try to hold back the tears that began to form.

"Well Darcy, I was only 16 when you were born. I was really young and naive and I didn't know what to do. I was 16 with a kid!! Also, I.had tried out for the X-factor, its an old singing T.V show from my time and I made it. That's how One Direction came to be. I tried to be there for you and your mum as much as I could, but management made it impossible. They made me break up with your mum and focus on my career as One Direction. I'm so sorry baby. I never meant for it to be like this." Harry explained. By now, I was crying thinking about Harry and what he went through.

"So you left me and mum for a better life? For the music and the fame? How could you?" I cry out.

"What? No way, NEVER!! It as either leave you or leave the band which meant no money for me or your mum. I sent your mum money since I couldn't be there."

"You did? You knew I existed from the beginning? I can't believe this."

"Yea its kinda hard to process at first."

"So dad?"

"What?"

"What now?"

"What do you mean?"

"What do we do now that we've talked and everything?"

"I don't know."

"Me either." I answer. There was an awkward silence until Harry finally spoke up.

"Darcy babe?"

"Yea Dad?"

"I want you to come and visit me."

"What? Where?"

"I want you to come visit me in England for a little while that way we can better know each other and maybe...."

"Maybe what?"

"Maybe I can make up for the 12 years of.tour life I missed out on." Harry muttered. I laid on my bed in shock. Did Harry really just ask me to go stay with him for a little while?

"Harry I would love to!!" I squeal.

"Then its official!"

"But there's one thing." I comment.

"What is it?"

"Mom."

"What about her?"

"She literally hates me. She won't approve of this."

"She doesn't hate you. Trust me. I'll talk to her."

"Are you sure?"

"I'm sure. Now let me talk to your mom." Harry says. I get up from my room and wander into the office where my mom usually is.

"Mom the phones for you." I mutter.

"Who is it?" She questions.

"Dad." I answer. She gasp loudly and looks at me like I'm crazy .

"But....." I give her the phone and she slowly puts it to her ear.

"Hello?"

"Hey babe, it's me Harry."