Chapter 4: Rumor

“I need to tell you something…” I began at Liz, as we continued to walk inside Starbucks and grab a table right next to the window. I stared at her intently as she went into her purse and grabbed a ten. “Well, hold on,” She told me. I stood up with her as we walked over to the counter and ordered two polar bears with an extra shot of vanilla. She handed the cashier the ten and we waited patiently in silence for our order. After a couple of minutes, another waitress coffee maker person placed our order on the counter. We took it and walked to the back. We sat down and took sips off our coffee. “So what is it you want to tell me?” She asked, looking at me with a precious smile. I took a deep breath, ready to tell her everything about my home life and what had happened at the club. “Well, I, uh…” I glanced down at my coffee and back. “I just wanted to say thank you for the coffee. You know how I turn into a zombie if I don’t get coffee in the mornings,” I chickened out. “Actually, I didn’t know that…” She paused to think about it. She shrugged and rummaged through her purse.

Suddenly, a guy with short black hair and brown eyes walked over to Liz. He wore a black jacket and blue jeans. Another guy with him, probably a friend, who seemed pretty shy, stood behind him. He wore a blue shirt, covered up by a black loose fleece jacket. He wore black jeans and had brown short hair. He also had green and brown eyes. He looked at me, and smiled, revealing a cute pearly white smile, worth more than a million dollars. I blushed at how cute he was. “Liz? Is that you?” The dude in front of him said. I focused towards him. Liz looked to her right, realizing someone was talking to her. “George?” She said, jumping out of her seat, jumping at him with her arms around him tightly and a beautiful smile coming over her. “How are you?!” She asked, pulling back. “It’s been like, forever!” George smiled at me and back at Liz. “I’m good. I just moved back here, from my time in France. I looked over and saw what who I thought was you, and I just had to be sure.” I looked at his friend, who was smirking awkwardly at me, feeling the same way. Liz looked back over at me, “Oh. Hey, George Jeffries, this is Alex Parker. Alex this is George. An old boyfriend and best friend of mine,” She introduced us. He put out his hand for me to shake. I took it and smiled. “Nice to meet you George.” He nodded agreeing. George stepped more towards Liz and shoved his friend forward, who was now chuckling. “Hi,” He said, directly to me. I giggled, “Hi there.” George smirked, “Liz, Alex, this is Jason. Jason Linz.” I put softly raised my hand out towards Jason for him to shake. He took mine in his and raised it to his mouth. He gently kissed my hand. I blushed completely, not hiding it. “It’s very nice to meet you,” Jason said, smiling his million dollar smile. “Why don’t you guys grab two chairs and pull them over?” Liz suggested. Liz and I continued to sit in our chairs as the two of them sat their coffees down and grabbed to chairs, Jason sitting next to me and George sitting next to Liz.

“How’ve you been?” George asked Liz. Both Jason and I sat awkwardly watching them have conversation. “I’ve been good. Having an okay time in school, hanging out with my best friend and just having fun period, I guess,” She said, giving him a gentle smile. I could tell as she talked to him, that she still had feelings for him. “That’s good,” He said taking a sip of his coffee. “So, why’d you come back to little old Langston?” She asked curiously. She held her hot coffee in her cold hands, watching him as he answered her, “Well, you know what I went there for. I came back because I finished it. There was nothing left in France for me. Plus, I wanted to come back and see you,” He said softly ending his sentence. Liz blushed, biting her lip. “That’s sweet. Welcome back,” She said, standing up and hugging him tightly. Jason looked towards me and I caught his glance. “Do you want to get a separate table,” I asked him, wanting to be able to find out about this mysterious guy. “Sure,” He grinned. I could tell he was thinking the same thing. He sipped upon his coffee as he stood up. I stood up as well. Liz noticed us and made a confused look. I shook my head, “We’re just going to get a different table,” I told her. She sat back down in her seat and George took over mine. We took the table behind them, next to the window. When I next looked at Liz as I sat down in my seat, I noticed George had grabbed Liz’s hand and they were catching up and making up for lost time.