Chapter 15: I Can't

I groaned turning over and feeling a body next to me. I opened my eyes automatically remembering that I was home. I smiled, seeing Jason’s sleeping body next to me. His hair was all shaggy and non-brushed. His eyes were gently closed. I took the opportunity to awake him with a kiss. I strained my neck as I leaned upward and gently placed my lips against his. His eyes fluttered open. He grabbed my small body and lifted it upon his. He kissed me back. “Good morning, beautiful,” He whispered. I grinned, “What a wonderful way to wake up,” I told him. He smirked, “You’re telling me. I woke up to a beautiful woman kissing me. Who happens to be the one that I love,” He said gently kissing my small button nose. I giggled, “I love you too.” Suddenly, from outside the door we heard knocking. “Time to get up! Breakfast!” Called Delilah. I placed my chin upon his chest and stared into his green and brown eyes. He patted my back, “Come on, it’s time for breakfast.” I groaned. He began gently placing me back on my bed and stood up. He stretched, walking for the door as I still lay on the bed being stubborn. “But I wanted to stay like that!” I whined. He grinned, “Come on Sweetheart. Either you go willingly, or I’ll carry you down. Your parents are waiting,” He told me. I stilled lay there on my bed, smiling at him, with a challenge. He noticed and walked over. He gently cradled me in his arms and picked me up. He walked over to the door. “Help me out, will you?” He asked. I opened the door for him. He accidentally hit my head on the door frame. “Ouch!” I held my head with my left hand and giggled at my pain. “Oops. Sorry,” He grinned. He walked down the stairs and into the kitchen. Both Delilah and Freddy laughed as he gently placed me into a chair.

How was your guys’ night last night?” I asked Delilah and Freddy. The smiled, “It was great, now that you’re home.” I grinned, “I’m glad.” We sat there at the kitchen table as family, eating breakfast, sipping coffee and talking. “Delilah, I’m definitely not ready to go back to school, but would it be okay if you and I went shopping and out for lunch later on today?” I asked hopeful. She looked up at me and grinned, “Sure darling.” I grinned and did a happy dance in my chair. The three of them laughed at me and I pursed my lips.

After breakfast, Jason gave me a good-bye kiss and headed off to school, same as Freddy, except off to work. I wandered off up to my room and sat on my bed. I had not even a cell phone to mess with, just a simple old flat screen. I felt retarded and selfish for having thought that. Delilah wandered into my room, “So, do you know what you want from the store?” She asked. “A laptop, desk, art supplies, IPOD, new cell phone?” She asked. I jokingly answered, “All of the above?” She grinned, “Okay.” She then walked out of my bedroom, seriously. I stared at where she had stood with wide eyed. I grinned and lay back onto my bed. I felt crappy and tired, though I really wanted to go shopping. I looked at the clock and it was only 7:30 a.m. I simply closed my eyes and fell asleep, waiting for Delilah to be my alarm clock.

Wake up,” Delilah shook my shoulder. “It’s time to go shopping,” She said. I grinned, waking up. “I knew it!” I giggled. She looked at me in confusion. “Oh, just that you’d wake me up. Thank you, I really needed the nap,” I thanked her. “You’re welcome. Quickly get ready and we can leave,” She told me. She left my room again, leaving me to decide what I should wear. I wandered off of my bed and into my closet rummaging through my clothes and shoes. I ended up picking out a pair of black converse and a simple black pair of jeans with a red tank top and a black zip-up sweatshirt. I quickly ran a brush through my extremely long red hair that was now down to my butt. I was going to need a haircut.

I wandered out of my bedroom and downstairs. There sat Delilah on the couch with her purse. She looked at me and smiled. “Wonderful,” She grinned. “Thanks,” I said sarcastically. She took my arm and led me outside and locked the door. We split sides and I climbed into the passenger seat as she climbed into the driver’s seat.