Chapter 12: Talk Or The Loony Bin

I sat in the chair that was talked about most in everyone’s lives. It was exactly as the way people describe. It was like a recliner, but more comfortable. I laid back in it, staring at the ceiling. “So, where do you want to start?” The Physciatrist asked. I stared at her, “What about your name?” I asked sarcastically. I didn’t want to be nor was I going to talk to her. I may have felt completely horrible and my life had gone to hell, but there was no way in hell I was going to talk to this person. I didn’t even know her name. But I didn’t care, even if they threw me in a loony bin. Though, I knew they wouldn’t. The woman in front of me smiled. Her green eyes glimmered in the light and her black hair shined. She was thin and wore a black dress, with a jean jacket. The dress went to her knees and she wore flats. Her left leg gracefully sat on the other, her legs being crossed. She was completely pale, but she was beautiful. “My name is Dr. Lisa Carter,” She answered. I nodded, “I figure you already know my name from the file in your hand.” She looked down and figured out from that how much television I had seen. “It doesn’t take television to know that it’s obvious,” I told her, knowing what she was thinking. She smirked. I stared at her straight into her eyes, “I’m not going to talk to you.” And that’s when I went rebellious. “Oh, really?” She asked. I stared at her not saying a single word. She shrugged her shoulders and stood up. She walked to her desk and sat down. She grabbed a pen and shoved my file to the side. “Well, okay. I’m going to do some paperwork while you not talk,” She stated. She began working on her paperwork as I sat there.

Hours went by. I had to go to her, skipping school each day, until I was all better or at least that she believed I was. This meant I was going to have to spill my guts about every little thing. What I had thought about in my imprisonment, what happened at the club, what happened with Liz. Everything. All of it and I wasn’t going to do it willingly. She glanced up at me, when I was staring at all the awards and medals she had been awarded on her wall. She watched my movement and how I reacted. I knew this, because I wasn’t watching my awards. I was watching her out of the corner of my eye like a creeper. But I had nothing to better to do, so what was the problem. Behind her desk, she contained a wall of pictures of who seemed to be her boyfriend, brother, sisters and parents. I looked down at her, “Why aren’t you married?” I asked curiously. She stared at me and finally answered with, “We aren’t here to talk about me. But, the reason I’m not married is because he died before we even had a chance.” She continued working on her paperwork as I stared at her. I felt dead inside. What if Jason died before we had a chance to get married? I wouldn’t be able to tolerate it. I sighed, “I’m sorry.” I turned around and went and lay in the comfortable chair. Her room was a sea-green. The carpet, the ceiling and the walls. Her furniture was black. When you walked in the door, on the right, were her files. In front of the files was the chair I sat in. In front of that, was the chair for her. In front of the door, was her desk. “Are all you going to do is look around my office curiously, sit in that chair tiredly and ask me random questions when I’m the one that needs to be asking the questions?” She asked frustrated. “Hey, it’s not my fault you aren’t doing your job and you’re just sitting there working on paperwork,” I said sarcastically and shrugged. To me, this woman resembled Alyssa Milano’s exact twin. She even wore the glasses that she did in Charmed. Finally after a few more minutes of my sarcastic remark, she looked at her desk and at me. “You’re free to go,” She said sighing. I smiled at her, “Okay. See you tomorrow best bud,” I said sarcastically. Right as I had reached the door after getting out of the chair I turned around, “When are you going to give up and just give up on me. I’m not going to talk. It will do absolutely nothing for me,” I asked curiously. She thought about it, looking me over, “I’ve never given up on anyone before and I’m not about to do that now.”