Chapter 10: The Real Capture

I arrived the next morning with about an hour to spare. I wore exactly what I had been wearing for over five months. I looked at Jason as we entered the court offices and walked to the courtroom door. There stood Delilah, as we entered the area. She stood with a suit in hand. How’d she know? She quickly put the suit down on the bench and ran over to me in a black tank top and purple skinny jeans. She hugged be extremely tight. “I knew you’d need it,” She told me. “Liz told me-“I interrupted her stunned, “Liz told you what exactly?” I asked her. “That you didn’t own a suit, so you needed one?” She asked in a question. I sighed and she handed me the suit. “Where’s the nearest bathroom?” I asked looking around the court office. There stood one.

I immediately ran towards and jumped into one of the stalls. I shoved off all the disgusting clothes. I still hadn’t taken a shower or anything. I quickly shoved the suit carefully over my body. It was black and professional. I hoped to all hell, that Liz wasn’t going to show her face to this court meeting. I wondered if Freddy was there. I opened the stall door and looked into a mirror. Over three quarters of my face looked deformed.  I wrapped the clothes up in paper-towel just in case the police were going to need it. I stared at myself in the mirror. I grabbed a few piece of paper-towel and turned on the faucet. It was cold and dabbed it under the cold water. I rubbed it against my face softly. It took a while, but by the time I finished, all you could see were the many cuts and bruises. The blood was gone. I grabbed my clothes wrapped up in the paper-towel and walked out of the bathroom.

As I reached Jason and Delilah, I saw the investigator who had given me food walk over. He smiled at me, “Hey there.” He walked closer to me and gave me a soft hug, which surprised me. He had gotten himself attached, which wasn’t good, but I wasn’t complaining. I handed him the clothes wrapped in paper-towel. He made a confused face at me. I nodded and he looked inside with realization. “Oh, okay,” His deep plain English voice said. He sighed, “Are you ready?” He asked. I shook my head, “But are any of ever ready?” He smiled and shook his head. He opened the courtroom doors. Inside laid several people ready to watch the court date, including Freddy. I smiled and waved. I walked upward past the mini-gate and sat with the hired lawyer from the police department. I sat next to her and kept my mouth shut. I was extremely nervous and wasn’t sure how this was going to turn out. Suddenly, doors opened and the judge walked in. “All rise.” Everybody rose, including myself. I had seen enough movies to know what to do. I was immediately called to the stand with no problems. The last question was, “Tell me in your exact words, what happened,” My lawyer had asked. I stared at her and sighed. I closed my eyes and it hit me instantly. I flashback of what had happened. I told the courtroom what had happened and what my bruises were from. Right as I was about to finish, in came Liz. She went and sat across from the bench that Delilah was. She noticed I had seen her, so she waved. My insides and my heart froze up. I paused. I was suddenly filled with fury and I wanted her gone and dead. “Please continue,” The judge said. I continued to tell the story from where it began to how it ended, to the interrogation from the investigator. The judge then asked for me to step down and to leave the courtroom, because that was all I was there for. I walked through the courtroom and down. Liz stood up to hug me, but I automatically pounced on her. My hands automatically retreated to her neck. I squeezed as tightly as I could. I had tears strolling down my face. Finally, Jason had caught up to me and pulled me off. The investigator took me out of the courtroom and brought me back to the police department.

“What the hell was that?” He yelled at me. “She was there,” I began bawling as if I were a baby crying for her mother. I continued to sob as he looked at me like I was the biggest idiot that ever lived. He stared me in the eyes. “Who?” He said calmly, sitting in the seat next to me. I knew Jason was behind the glass window. “Liz Johnson,” I answered, continuing to sob. “Who’s that?” Johns asked. “My ex best friend,” I answered, beginning to calm down. I then, began to proceed to tell him my story that would become world-wide known as a famous kidnapping.

“It all started the Friday after school started. I went to her house to stay the night, to get away from my parents. I didn’t want to deal with another beating, so I decided to retreat. Well, at school, Liz handed me a fake ID and told us what we were going to do. I told her no, that I didn’t want to do it, because it was illegal. She wanted to go to the new club. But I didn’t want her going by herself, so I decided instead of staying home with her mom, I was going to go. Well, when we were taking a break from dancing, and we were sipping our sodas, a guy decided to come and ask me to dance. His name turned out to be Alexander. Well, we ended up getting to talking. Somehow, he dragged me across the dance floor and into a room, where he proceeded to make me give him a blow job,” I bit my lip, fighting the tears from flowing, but they flew anyway. I harshly wiped them away. “Then he fingered me, forcing me to tell him that I loved him, and that I liked it this way. He then broke my cherry.” I wiped at my face forcefully, wiping the many tears I didn’t want, away. “I then proceeded to go to Liz and tell her that we needed to go. I didn’t tell her why. We left and ever since then, I have had many nightmares and troubles with sleeping. Then one day, rumors go flying that I did things, when I hadn’t. I was actually raped. People said I had sex with five guys, gave three others blow jobs and did other things. They also said I shot heroin, did drugs, and drank alcohol. I did absolutely none of the above, though Liz believed them and I couldn’t believe she had. She kidnapped me and held me captive for over five months. She released me when I finally was able to tell her the full truth.” I choked out the next part with tears, “She released me on my birthday,” I told Johns. I stared at the table blankly. She walked into that courtroom today, like she was still my best friend. Like she held me captive, starved me to death, beat the crap out of me, and continued to live life. I shook my head, standing up in horror. I couldn’t believe it. I had finally shared my full story. It was no longer a secret to keep. I had shared my information with someone else. I dreadfully smiled. I turned around and asked softly, “What’s going to happen to me?” He stared at me unbelievably. “Nothing’s going to happen to you. But a lot is going to happen to this Liz girl,” He answered truthfully. I painfully smiled for about a second when the smile dropped. In entered Jason through the investigating room’s door as Johns left with another story for his captain. Jason stared at me in disbelief of his cousin. “I’m so sorry Alex,” He told me as he walked in closer to me. “It’s not your fault. You have no control of your cousin. And you couldn’t have saved me if you tried. She had a really huge dude help out.” I told him. He stared at me in horror. “She used our uncle,” He told me hating his family in that instant. I stared at him shockingly. “Well, then he has half a soul,” I told him, looking away painfully.

                “Get ready,” Johns said into his walkie-talkie. Freddy and Delilah stood by my side as they allowed all policemen to raid their house for Liz. They couldn’t believe what their own daughter had done to her best friend. Once they had heard my story, they had taken my side. Minutes later, after raiding the Johnson house, police brought out a struggling Liz. Johns looked at Liz then at me, “Is that her?” He asked quietly. I looked straight at her then into his eyes and nodded, “Yes.” They shoved her into the police car. When Liz finally got a moment, she looked directly at me. Her eyes went wide and filled with sorrow. I stared at her, my eyes filling with tears. My right eye spilled out and the tear streamed down my face. She turned away and looked downward and didn’t bother looking back.