Insecurity+Parenthood=Sleepless nights Chapter 37.

Enjoy.....

Chapter Thirty-Seven:

~*Xavier’s POV*~

“Ahh Young love, full of love, hate and regret! Such a beautiful thing.” Vince said as we drove on the highway towards the mall.

“If that’s what you call beautiful, you should get your rose colored glasses changed Vince.”

“Son … Vince started to say as I gave him a‘You're Not My Father’ look … Ehh emm, Xavier. What you and Cassidy’s going through is nothing, I’ve seen it all and heard it all, it’ll come to pass.”

“Sure, if it were up to Cassidy it would have been over.”

“Is that what you want a Di—D I V O R C E?” he said looking back at the girls who were slowly falling asleep.

“At this point I really don’t care, the love between us is gone.”

“What about the whole kidnapping thing, have you actually sat down and talked to her about it, ask her what she remembers or how she feels?”

“Not really.”

“Maybe you should try that. It could be a stress reliever for her, you know.”

“There’s no such thing as talking to Cassidy, but arguing and yelling. That’s her new language.”

“Well how about trying to talk to her physically?”

“You mean beat my wife! Vince I Doo--” Vince began to laugh.

“No, Xavier. Think like an adult here for a second. Try writing her a letter, when we get in the mall buy a note book and on your way home just sit in the car and write her a letter. It doesn’t even have to be a long one you can just write one sentence. She knows Haitian Creole right?”

“Yeah we both do, that and Haitian French. But what does that--”

“Write her a letter in Haitian Creole. Stick the notebook by her pillow or under the door and wait.”

“Hey that’s a pretty good idea Vince. Thank you.”

“Well, what can I say. I just don’t want to see a good relationship end over nothing.”

“Yeah, me neither.” I pulled into the parking lot and shut off the car.

“Are we at the mall dad?” Kizza asked wiping her eyes and stretching.

“Yes we are, come on give me your hand.”

“Come on Azalia, do you want to build a bear?” Azalia smiled wide nodding her head as I picked her up.

“Daddy, I want to walk with Kizza.”

“Ok fine, daddy won't hold you then … I sighed loudly … Now I’m sad.” I said poking my lip out.

“Sorry daddy.”

“It’s okay, give me a kiss and I won’t be sad.” Azalia laughed and gave me a sloppy wet kiss on the cheek.

“I’m going to take Kizza to The Disney Store, and meet you at the food court in say an hour!”