Insecurity+Parenthood=Sleepless nights Chapter 43.

Hope you all like it

Enjoy.....

Chapter 43:

*~Carson’s POV~*

“Hello Xavier and family. Sadie, you can show them to their rooms if you want.”

“It was nice of you to let us stay with you while we visit Carson.” Cassidy said with a smile.

“Yeah we could have stayed in a hotel but Sadie insisted we stay here close to the beach.” Said Xavier.

“Oh it’s no problem it is fine with me having company really and the hotel prices now a days are through the roof.”

“Is it just going to be us here?” Cassidy said confused.

“Yeah Carson is Travis going to be here too?”

“Um Sadie, Cassidy. No he won’t I made sure of that. I don’t want him around my son, or your children as much as you would. Uh Xavier would you like a beer or something? I could run to the store or --”

“You know what how about I go with you and get a way of the city while were out.”

“Sounds great let me grab a jacket and my keys. Cassidy if it’s not too much trouble David is in the room sleeping if you or Sadie could just peek in on him every once in a while that would be great.” Cassidy and Sadie smiled as they sat on the couch.

“Of course. I would love to.”

“Okay Xavier let’s roll.”

*

“So how was the flight here?” I said trying to break the silence. Xavier sighed loudly.

“It was better than I expected, until I was told your brother was on the same flight. What is he doing here anyway?”

“I um … I wish I had the answer to that question. But I really don’t know.”

“I’m sure he told you what he did to my wife and kids right?”

“Yes, he did and that’s the main reason I don’t want him around my son. He isn’t a bad person just easily influenced I guess.”

“You think? He actually let two women get him to do something he could clearly get in trouble for.”

“Yeah, I heard … I rubbed my head stressfully … but if it meant anything really I’m sorry. But he is still my brother.”

“I understand that. But on the other hand Sadie is my sister. Are you two still engaged what’s going on with that?” I chuckled to myself.

“Uh, no we’re not.”

“Why not?”

“It’s funny actually.”

“Humor me. I need a good laugh.” He said with a serious face. I pulled into the lot of the Ralph’s Country Store and parked the car.

“My son. That’s one reason.”

“I’m not laughing yet.”

“Ehh emm … I um. Well it’s a long story that maybe you and Sadie should talk about.”

“Right, your right. So how old are you exactly?”