Chapter 23 & 24

C L E O

For some reason I was under the impression that after the wedding things would go back to its normal steady pace but of course I was wrong. With Christmas two days away there hasn't been a moment to relax.

I just got back home after doing some last minute Christmas shopping with Tyra. Now I only have an hour to get ready before meeting Reuben's mum. To say that I'm nervous would definitely be an understatement. Me and Reuben are going out to dinner with his mum and her boyfriend and I think the only reason why I'm so nervous is because Reuben doesn't talk about her that much. His mum lives in Manchester but Reuben doesn't like going there, he says that it's dead so she comes to London instead. Reuben never liked his mum's boyfriend anyway. He told me that he used to have loads of arguments with him and his mum would never defend him so he just stopped going to visit her.

I hadn't spoken to Màlika or Naomi since so we met up a few days after the wedding. At least me, Aiya and Màlika did, Naomi wasn't there. She and Màlika haven't been talking because she apparently tried something with Màlika's boyfriend Bezzie. If I was on Twitter more religiously I probably could've figured that out from the words of abuse they sent to each other on there. I don't wanna beef with anyone so I will still talk to both of them obviously, I'll just make sure to remind Naomi of her serious lack of judgement.

"Great Taî's out and I dunno what to wear," I said to myself as I looked at all off the clothes that were scattered all over my bed. Half of my clothes no longer fit anyway which is slyly depressing. I would love, love, love to put on some high waisted jeans but unfortunately for me the button just refuses to do up.

Eventually I dug through my clothes and settled on a black skater skirt, a pair of black tights and a burgundy jumper. I didn't necessarily want to wear a skirt in this weather but you know, elasticated waist and that. I checked the time and saw that I had like 20 minutes before Reuben came to pick me up so I used that time to do my hair and make up real quick. I filled in my eyebrows, did my eyeliner and mascara. Then I straightened my hair and used gel to slick my hair into a neat bun using a donut. Literally as soon as I finished getting ready Reuben called me.

"Yo I'm outside."

I kissed my teeth, he can actually be so rude sometimes. "You can't knock nah,"

"It's cold," He whined making me roll my eyes.

"Alright, gimme a sec." I said before hanging up. I grabbed my MK side bag to put my phone and keys in. I put on my black trench coat that has leather sleeves then I went to meet Reuben in his car.

"You look nice," Reuben complimented once I had entered the car. "What you been doing all day?"

"I went shopping with Tyra for late Christmas presents and that. Then we went to look for stuff for the nursery," Seeing as I've basically only got like 3 months before give birth me and my dad started sorting out Isaiah's room. We decided to turn the guest room into a nursery seeing as it's opposite my own room. I actually can't wait even though I am slyly terrified at the same time. Tyra's already got a shitload of presents for him so I know he's gonna be the most spoilt baby in East London.

"Have you decided when you're starting so I can come and help?" He asked me.

"Probably gonna start on boxing my day. My dad says he wants to at least start it before him and Vanessa go on holiday." I don't like going shopping on Boxing Day because the shops are always crazy. I made the mistake of going to Westfield for Boxing Day shopping on the year it opened. I was actually scared for my life. The lines were coming out of the shop and the crowds were huge. Never again am I attempting that shit. I'd rather do my shopping online in the comfort on my bedroom, I'm not about to get myself killed because of some discounted clothes.