Chapter 34 - Déjà Vu

~Remember all the nights you used to fall through~

"Cleo are you excited though, 18th birthday turn up soon come!" Aiya said over the phone. She has facetimed me as I was getting Izzy ready so I had it on loudspeaker.

"Mmmhmm," I muttered as I put Izzy's shorts on him. I had distracted him with one of his toys so that he wouldn't start whining.

"Mhm? Clearly you must think that you turn 18 more than once or something."

Aiya and Taî have been acting bare suspect recently so I know that they're already planning something. Tyra acted like she was deaf when I said I didn't want anything too big so I already know her and Vanessa are going to go in as well. My 18th birthday hasn't really been on my mind simply because I've been trying to catch up with my college work before I start and at the same time look after my baby who's now almost 6 months old.

I start college soon so I really want to be on top of all my work. I've even managed to finally pass my drivers test so I have my licence but I still don't have car so I just borrow my dad's other car when I need it.

"I am excited, just not as excited as you obviously."

"Of course, my turn up is your turn up."

I shook my head. "Are you working today?"

"Yeah unfortunately, what are you doing today?"

"I'm going to see Reuben." I told her as I finished changing Isaiah. Me and Reuben are now on good terms; he recently moved into his new flat so I'm going shopping with him because I know for a fact that he'll buy all the wrong stuff for Izzy if I don't go.

"...Hmm, interesting."

I rolled my eyes. "You are mad irritating." I said as I lifted Izzy up and put him into his car seat then I placed the car seat on my bed.

"You and Reuben should just get back together." She said as I changed out of my Adidas tracksuit into blue high waisted Joni jeans and a long sleeved turtleneck top. "Especially after all that Harleigh bullshit."

I kissed my teeth. "All light skin niggas are the same anyways." I said as I sat on my bed to put on my white low air forces.

Aiya scoffed. "Your baby father is mixed race nigga."

"My point exactly." I replied picking up Izzy's car seat, my bag and his baby bag to take them all downstairs. "I'll call you later because I'm about to leave in a bit."

"Aight b," She said before locking off.,

I put his baby Nike Roshe's that he got from Tez on him before putting my bag and his baby bag on my right shoulder and grabbed the car seat in my other hand so we could head out.

Over the summer Reuben made me sit down with his mother even though I've already made it perfectly clear that his mum dislikes me for some unknown reason. I don't know whether it's because I'm black or because I got pregnant at this age or just because I got pregnant with Reuben's baby altogether. Verity apologized for how she's been acting though so I guess I don't care that much about it anymore. She said some shit about being worried about Reuben's future but I've had to give up a lot and even though I don't regret any of it she's just gonna have to deal. Him going to a university in London isn't going to fuck his life up.

When I got to Reuben's flat I parked and grabbed Izzy and all of our stuff. I couldn't be bothered to call him I just pressed the buzzer instead. Luckily his flat is actually nice so there's a lift that is decent and doesn't smell of piss.