Chapter 12 - Trust Issues

~You're the only one, cause I don't trust these bitches - Drake~

C L E O

Tonight me and Taî are going to a party that her friend is throwing. The thing is, we're not telling our parents because we know that they will both say no and that we need to "spend time together."

My dad and Vanessa keep making us go out on these dead outings which are alright sometimes but seriously they treat us like children. The only part we actually like is when we go shopping. Going to the Zoo are not really what I was expecting to do during my summer holiday.

Either way I love spending time with both of them and I know for a fact that my dad is getting ready to ask her that question.

"I am so convinced that your dad is gonna propose, they're already acting like they're married." Taî said as she got dressed.

I laughed. "I wouldn't even be surprised to be honest, he is mad whipped it's actually amazing." I said as I slipped on a black and red Chicago Bulls basketball Jersey over high waisted black denim shorts and put on all black Nike Huaraches. Taî helped me French braid my hair into two fish tail plaits then put my black Last Kings snapback on. I looked ghetto but I don't really care, I swear the only reason I'm going is because Taî asked me to. The only thing I'm gonna be going is jamming to music because why would I need to link boys when I have a boyfriend.

"Hmm, speaking of whipped, how's Reuben?" Taî asked admiring her outfit in the mirror. She was wearing high waisted acid wash jeans, a black crop vest top and all black Timberlands.

"I wouldn't know because we're not speaking at the moment."

So basically Reuben said that he was gonna take me out after my exams but the day after his basketball game the weather was beyond shit so we just stayed at his house and ordered in. It was all going really well until I told him how I felt about the whole Jamal situation.

"So, you and him are cool now?" Reuben asked bluntly.

He shook his head. "I don't care Cleo, I don't like him and I don't trust him, 'specially not around you."

"I don't like or trust Indya and you two are like best friends. I trust you around her, just like you trust me around Jamal." I looked at him. "Unless you don't trust me?"

He didn't say anything, he just kept his eyes fixed on the movie we were watching even though I knew he wasn't even concentrating on it.

I scoffed. "Wow Reuben, you love me but you don't trust me, that's beautiful." I muttered sarcastically.

I was at least expecting him to say something but all he did was kiss his teeth and leave the room.

"Okay, I was not expecting that." Taî said after I told her what happened.

"I don't even wanna think about it, right now all I wanna do is smoke some weed, listen to music and pretend that it never happened."

T A Î

I was obviously having more fun than Cleo because every time she tried to dance by herself she got grabbed my some random dude. I laughed as I saw her unhook yet another boys arm from around her waist and walked away.

"It's not funny Taî," Cleo said frowning as we stood outside to chill a bit. "Since when does me standing there with my arms crossed mean that I want to dance with you."

"No one told you to wear shorts." I laughed taking the piss.

"Ugh, I'm going to get a drink." She said screwfacing me then walking back into the house.