Chapter 1 - Cleopatra

C L E O 

I frowned as I stared at my reflection in my bedroom mirror. I looked at my boring white shirt with my black pleated skirt along with my black tie. Starting school at basically the end of the year is pointless but my dad insisted. After living in America in 5 years I seriously was not liking the idea of having to start in a new school all over again. My dad couldn't have just waited for me to finish the school year in America could he?

"Cleo come on, your dad's ready to leave." Tyra said popping her head around my bedroom door. Tyra's been my dad's personal assistant for as long as I can remember, she's basically a member of the family and has been like a mum to me ever since my mum died when I was 10. She's been in my life since I was a baby because my mum and Tyra were like best friends as well. When I turned 11 my dad's job relocated him to America whilst Tyra stayed to handle business here, I still saw her seeing as she did come to New York when she was needed which was a lot of the time. I loved New York so much so when my dad got another job offer in London I was devastated.

"I hate this uniform," I said turning to face her.

She shook her head and laughed a bit. "It's not that bad babe, just hurry up, you've got 10 minutes." She said then left my room.

I continued getting ready; I put my hair into a bun and used gel and a toothbrush to slick back my edges. I don't wear that much make up so I just put eyeliner and mascara on which usually takes quite a while depending on how steady my hand decides to be but ya know. After that I put on my black trainer socks and wore my all black Air Max 90s. Then I grabbed my black 'Just Do It' bag and went downstairs where my dad was in the kitchen.

"Cleo isn't your skirt a bit short." My dad said looking up at me from the newspaper he was reading.

I looked down at my skirt and then back up at him. "It's not even that short though." I replied taking a handful of grapes from the fruit bowl.

"Isn't it supposed to be knee length?"

I rolled my eyes discreetly, my skirt was literally 2 inches about my knee. When we went school shopping I already informed him that if he got me some next nun skirt down to my ankles, I wouldn't be going anywhere.

He shook his head clearly not wanting to get into it with me this early in the morning. "Alright let's go, I have a meeting with your head of year before I go to work."

Seeing as I had no time to eat I put an apple in my bag and went to put on my blazer and get my parka jacket because it was slyly chilly. I was starting to regret wearing socks now, it's my fault because I'd forgotten how unpredictable British weather can be.

"Bye Cleo, have a good day alright." Tyra said giving me a hug. "And be nice."

"Imma try."

We got into his black BMW and I didn't really want to listen to him talking about me being good and all that so I got out my new IPhone 5s and listened to Nothing Was The Same whilst he drove to school.

It was about 10 minutes away from my new house so on normal days I would be walking. I honestly hate starting new schools. I already had to do it when I moved to America and after that I never wanted to do it again. But here I was, yet again to be called "the new girl."

We pulled up at the school which in all honestly looked slyly shifty. However, I was happy that I didn't have to go to a private school, it could be much worse. I sighed as he parked the car and we got out. Thankfully we were early so there were only a few people in school.

"So the school curriculum is different to the one you had in New York." My new head of year Mr Bradshaw explained to me once the meeting had started. "What we've done is tried to make sure that your subjects are the same or similar to the ones you've done in your previous school."