Chapter 33 - Simplicity

Harleigh in MM

C L E O

I was at home with Isaiah when Kai called me freaking the fuck out saying something had happened to Trixie and she had to go to the hospital. I asked Vanessa if she would look after Izzy for a bit and she agreed so I took an uber to the hospital because it was too hot to be sitting on a bus for 20 minutes. I seriously need to book my driving lessons ASAP because I can't be doing this any longer.

"She miscarried one of the twins." Kai told me. When I first got there he was sitting on one of the chairs in the waiting room, hands in pockets, staring blankly at the wall. It took a good 5 minutes before he finally told me what had happened.

"But she's 5 months pregnant, I thought everything was cool."

"She's been stressed out. Her sister made her go church and apologise to her parents as well. She's not letting anyone in to see her..." He trailed off and looked down. "I fucked up man, I should've been there for her but I wasn't and now look."

"You can't blame yourself." I said to him.

He shrugged. "That don't change the fact that I should've been there for her and I wasn't."

It was awkwardly silent for a few minutes as I didn't know what to say to him. I could tell him it's not his fault a million times and he'd still say it is. "It's too late to change what happened, if you feel like you weren't there for her then, be there for her now because she needs you and so does your baby."

The girl sitting across from us began staring hard and I made the assumption that it was Trixie's sister. Reason being that aside from the difference in hair colour, they were more or less identical. Even though I had clocked her staring she still continued to mug me for no apparent reason and it was beginning to piss me off. "Is there a problem?"

She screwed me but then turned her attention back to her phone. That's what I thought, you're not brave.

"I'm gonna go see Trixie." I said to Kai, he nodded in reply and I made my way to her hospital room.

***

A I Y A

"It was a slip up." I told Malika as she continued to stare at me all judgmental and shit.

"Hmm, a slip up. So that's what we're calling you and Tez beating in the back of his car. Okay then." She replied with raised eyebrows. I didn't have enough time to tell Cleo all the details of mine and Tez's encounter. I knew she would've disapproved so I don't know was I was doing telling Malika this as she's even worse.

"It sounds bad when put like that doesn't it."

Malika nodded. "Yes, yes it does."

In a way I was happy I was telling Malika this first. Besides the fact that Cleo was at the hospital with Trixie, she would probably tell me that it happened because I still love Tez and all that cringy bullshit. I honestly don't even know how it happened, let's just say my 'talk' with Tez escalated pretty quickly. It was like my brain had switched off and all common sense had completely flown out the window.

My phone vibrated in my lap and the screen lit up with a text from Tez. I haven't spoken to him since the 'slip up' because at this point I really don't know what to say to him. Seriously, what a way to mess with a girls head, have sex with her then ask her to move in with you. Way to go Tez, you moronic fuck.

"Aiya you're like my oldest, best friend so I'm gonna be completely honest with you." Malika said.

"You mean you're gonna be a bitch." I muttered