Chapter 6 - Someone Else

Reuben in MM

C L E O

For the past week Jamal has been at my house every after school to see – Bria. And obviously being the good friend I am, I have no choice but to cover for them and say we're working on some school project which is a bunch of bullshit. Usually I'm just jamming there like a third wheel I have now become and when it gets awkward I just leave my own fucking room and go watch TV.

Thorpe Park was actually mad fun besides the fact that Jamal ignored me for the whole trip which was really annoying. I was trying my hardest not to feel some type of way but couldn't help it. Aiya had warned me about how Jamal could be, I just didn't take it too serious. I'm taking all of this lying down but what else am I supposed to do. Technically it's not the first time it's happened because Bria is really pretty so she was usually the one with 10 boys calling her every day. It's not like I told her I had a thing for Jamal, then again the feeling is gradually fading into absolutely nothing because of the way he's acting but whatever.

On Saturday I refused to stay at home and go through another Jamal and Bria love fest so I insisted the me and Aiya go out. Originally I was planning on taking Bria with me seeing as it's her last day in London but obviously she had other plans. I had hardly spent any time with her anyways which was kinda fucked up as well. Either way I refuse to have an argument over a boy because that shit isn't cute and is just plain petty.

I had just gotten ready and was about to leave the house but when I opened the door Jamal was walking up the steps to my house. Perfecto.

"You miss me Legs?" He asked grinning.

I cut my eyes at him. "No."

"Ah, you going Ilford with Aiya and that?" He asked looking me up and down and licking his lips. Boy my eyes are up her. Dickhead.

I was wearing a white Majestic New York Baseball Jersey with a black turtle neck crop top underneath, black leggings and my Timberlands.

"Uh yeah," I said. Why do I always become socially awkward whenever he comes to my house? I just wanted to leave as quickly as possible.

"Aye Cleo are we cool?" He asked me finally being serious for once.

No. "Yeahh." I replied dragging the word out. "Why wouldn't we be?" Maybe because he's treating you like complete and utter dog shit.

"Cos..." He said but this time he couldn't even look at me.

"Honestly Jamal, I don't care," Lie. "You can do what you want innit, it's not that deep." Of course it's not Cleo.

"Aight, in a bit yeah?"

"Cool." I said then I finally left before the situation because anymore awkward than it already was,

***

After I met Aiya we went to Westfield first so I could get pretzels. We also came to the conclusion that Westfield isn't even as good as people say it is and is majorly overrated. We just window shopped for a bit and then went to Ilford. In all honestly Ilford isn't even interesting either so all we did was go to McDonalds and eat. Obviously there were loads of boys our age because apparently it was seen as cool to holla at girls whilst eating a Big Mac.

"Wagwarn with Jamal then?" Aiya asked me once we had been given our food. As per usual I got my Happy Meal cos it's basically the cheapest thing there.

"Don't even start." I said shaking my head. "Fed up of little school boys."

"Alright." She said laughing. "Don't look but some dude is bare staring. I think I know him actually, he's one of Tez's boys." Tez is Aiya's on again off again boyfriend. They've been going out for like 2 years and they're mad cute if not a little cringy from time to time.